Building young people’s motivations for healthy lifestyle
PhD, Associate Professor S.I. Zheleznyakova1
PhD, Associate Professor L.I. Batyuk1
Dr.Sc.Hist., Professor I.M. Kornilova1
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
As reported by the recent questionnaire surveys, health is ranked nowadays among the key human values and perceived an indispensable resource for the life missions and the life quality improvements. Objective of the study was to analyze the typical health behaviors and practices in the young people’s communities. The study classifies the typical mindsets and behavioral patterns of young people in the health protection and improvement domain; makes assessment of the personal health visions and health practices; and outlines the typical blunders and contradictions in the young people’s health agendas and cultures. The study data were collected by questionnaire surveys and focus interviews on health issues. Sampled for the study were the 18-20 year old students (n=292) grouped by ages and genders. The study data and analyses made it possible to: outline the key attitudes to healthy lifestyle and health values; set criteria for an ideal healthy lifestyle; analyze the typical health practices and agendas; and identify the conflict between the declared commitment for healthy lifestyle and real health practices – that should ideally include at least some of the healthy lifestyle elements. The healthy lifestyle basics are interpreted as follows: healthy diets; healthy daily regimen; healthy sleeping habits; everyday physical activity; and good stress tolerance. The study found a variety of objective and subjective barriers for the health motivations and offered the most efficient healthy lifestyle promotion methods to form and build up health motivations and values in the young people’s communities.
Keywords: motivation, physical culture, youth, health protection, health culture, healthy lifestyle, health values.
- Batyuk L.I., Kornilova I.M., Fomina A.S., Ruzanov S.A. Volonterskoe dvizhenie v grazhdansko-patrioticheskom vospitanii studencheskoy molodezhi [Volunteer movement to contribute to academic civic and national education]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. no. 9. pp. 97-98.
- Zheleznyakova S.I. Filosofiya zdorovogo obraza zhizni: ot mody k ustoychivym obschestvennyim praktikam [Healthy lifestyle philosophy: from fashion to sustainable social practices]. Kontekst i refleksiya: filosofiya o mire i cheloveke. 2016, vol. 5, no. 5A, pp. 133-141.
- Mamedova N.M., Gavrish V.D., Skatershchikova A.V., Fomina A.S. Sport v prostranstve sotsialnyih praktik sovremennoy tsivilizatsii [Sport in social practice universe of modern civilization]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 1. pp. 16-18.
- Andryushchenko L.B., Filimonova S.I. Physical education and academic sports in new socio-economic national situation: Modern vision and growth points. Teoriya i Praktika Fizicheskoy Kultury, no, 2, 1 February 2018, Pages 73-76.
- Ivlev V. Ju., Ivleva M.I., Panyukov A.I., Zulfugarzade T.E. Analysis of the Touristic Recreational Potential of a Territory as a Condition for Development of Ecological Tourism (the Southern Moscow Region Case Study). Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, [S.l.], v. 8, n. 2, p. 373-384.
- Malakhova E.V., Garnov A.P., Kornilova I.M. Digital Economy, Information Society and Social Challenges in the Near Future. European Research Studies Journal. Volume XXI, Special Issue 2, 2018, pp. 576-586.