Associate Professor, PhD I.R. Stovba1
Associate Professor, PhD N.V. Stolyarova1
Associate Professor, PhD O.L. Petrozak1
Associate Professor, PhD A.R. Ishmatova1
1South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk
Modern academic physical education service offers in a wide range of interrelated formats and options to facilitate physical development of the students. Lately the national universities have reported a growing inflow of students to the combined correspondence/ full time departments for the reason that the education format is convenient for those who have to combine studies with jobs. Since the core mission of the academic Physical Education (PE) service is to improve the physical qualities, modern badminton practices may be rather beneficial for the health and physical fitness purposes. The study tested benefits of a new badminton driven academic PE model for female students with a variety of anthropological and physical development tests. Sampled for the study were the 17-18 year old first-year female South Ural State University students (n=40) from the combined correspondence/ full time department split up into Experimental and Reference Groups of 20 people each. The Reference Group was trained as required by the standard academic PE curriculum; and the Experimental Group was trained under the new badminton driven academic PE model. The study data showed benefits of the badminton basics course in the academic PE curriculum as verified by the Experimental Group progress in the speed endurance, flexibility and speed test rates versus the Reference Group.
Keywords: female students of combined correspondence/ full time department, physical qualities, badminton, morphological examinations.
- Goryachev A.N. , Ivashin A.A. Badminton: primernaya programma sportivnoy podgotovki dlya DYuSSh, SDYuShOR, UOR i ShVSM [Badminton: sample training program for CYSS, CYSSOR, and SSHS]. MCBF. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2010. 160 p.
- Degtyarev A.A., Kozlov A.V. Primenenie badmintona kak ozdorovitelnoy tehnologii na uchebnyih zanyatiyah so studencheskoy molodehyu [Badminton as health technology in training sessions with student youth]. Molodoy ucheny. 2015. no, 1. pp. 448-451.
- Klimov I.A., Mishchenko N.V. Kompleksnaya otsenka fizicheskogo sostoyaniya studentov [Comprehensive assessment of the physical condition of students]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. 2016. v. 18, no. 1, pp.17-22.
- Lepeshkin V.A. Badminton dlya vseh [Mass badminton]. Rostov-on/D: Fenix publ., 3rd rev., sup. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport. SportAkademPress publ., 2008.
- Mironova V.M. Innovatsionnyie ozdorovitelnyie tehnologii v sisteme vyisshego obrazovaniya [Innovative health technologies in higher education system]. Mezhdunarodny kongress 'Komplementarnaya meditsina i nauka – nastoyaschee i buduschee Rossii' [International Congress "Complementary Medicine and Science - the Present and Future of Russia'], Moscow, September 14-16, 2013.
- Smirnov Yu.N. Badminton [Badminton]. Textbook for university students in 032100 - Phys. Ed.. 2nd ed., rev., sup.. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2011. 248 p.
- Astakhov S., Nenasheva A., Astakhov A., Ragozin A. Heart rate variability and photoplethysmogram indicators in assessment of adaptation levels in students experiencing examination loads. Gazz Med Ital. Arch Sci Med 2018;177(3 Suppl 1):1-8. DOI: 10.23736/S0393-3660.17.03722-6
- Cherepov E., Nenasheva A. New insight into physical education as system-forming chronotope in health-forming educational space of school. EDULEARN16: 8TH international conference on education and new learning technologies. 2016. pp. 9154-9157.