Dr.Med., Professor O.S. Kogan1
Dr.Sc.Hist S.D. Galiullina1
Associate Professor, PhD M.V. Lifanova1
1Ufa State Oil Technical University, Ufa
Issues of labour regulations at every career stage and domain of professional sports have long been in top priority for the leading experts in law, psychology and medicine. Any professional athlete’s labour, regardless of the individual ranking, may be interpreted as the human activity designed to secure spiritual and physical progress via a highest determination, high-intensity physical trainings and personal sacrifices – since neither professional athlete may succeed unless mobilizes the whole resource and makes his/her best to excel on a persistent basis. Such high-intensity labour is undoubtedly detrimental for health and, hence, the relevant special guarantees and remunerations need to be provided by the government. The article analyzes the history of recognition of the notions and meanings of professional sports and professional athletes by the national legislation; highlights some of the multiple legislative problems with concern to the labor rights, guarantees and remunerations in the modern professional sports; overviews some special aspects of the guarantees and remunerations in the modern professional sports; raises the issues of sport-specific health disorders including pathologies, injuries and disabilities; and demonstrates the need for the labour conditions in modern professional sports being improved and fairly rated to offer more efficient and sensitive health insurance system to the national professional athletic community.
Keywords: professional sports, athletic overexertion, occupational diseases, social protection, social guarantees, labour protection.
- Avakyan A.M. Dogovor lichnogo strahovaniya professionalnyih sportsmenov [Athletes' Personal Insurance Contract]. Obshchestvo: politika, ekonomika, pravo, 2018, no. 5, pp. 100-103.
- Vulakh M.G. Organizatsiya strahovaniya riskov poteri trudosposobnosti lits, zadeystvovannyih v professionalnom sporte [Organization of insurance against the risk of disability of professional athletes]. Vestnik Saratovskoy gosudarstvennoy yuridicheskoy akademii, 2016, no. 6, pp. 81-85.
- Ivanov I.B., Stanislavskaya I.G. Trudnosti zaversheniya sportivnoy kareryi [Difficulties of finishing sports career]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2009, no. 2, pp. 31-35.
- Makarova V.A., Paliy O.I. Osobennosti pravovogo regulirovaniya truda sportsmenov [Features of legal regulation of athletes' labour]. Scientific Journal of KubSAU. 2016. no. 115. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/osobennosti-pravovogo-regulirovaniya-t... (date of access: 14.10.2018).
- Puzin S.N., Achkasov E.E., Mashkovskiy E.V., Bogova O.T. Professionalnye zabolevaniya i invalidnost u professionalnykh sportsmenov [Occupational diseases and disabilities in professional athletes]. Mediko-sotsialnaya ekspertiza i reabilitatsiya. 2012. no. 3. pp. 3-5.
- Trudovoy kodeks RF ot 13 iyunya 1996 g. № 63-FZ (s posl. izm. i dop. ot 11 oktyabrya 2018 g. no. 360-FZ) [Labor Code of the Russian Federation No. 63-FZ of June 13, 1996 (with last amendment No. 360-FL of October 11, 2018) Official Internet portal of legal information [Electronic resource]. Available at:http://www.pravo.gov.ru (date of access: 02.11.2018).
- Federalny zakon 'O spetsialnoy otsenke usloviy truda' ot 28.12.2013 g. no. 426-FZ (poslednyaya redaktsiya) [Federal Law 'On Special Assessment of Working Conditions'” of 12.28.2013, No. 426-FL (last edition)]. ATP ConsultantPlus. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_156555/ (date of access: 15.10.2018).
- Federalny zakon 'O fizicheskoy kulture i sporte v Rossiyskoy Federatsii' ot 04.12.2007 g. no. 329-FZ (s posl. izm. i dop. ot 21.07.2014 № 211-FZ) [Federal Law 'On physical education and sports in the Russian Federation” of 04.12.2007, No. 329-FL (as amended and added on July 21, 2014 No. 211-FL)]. Official Internet portal of legal information. [Electronic resource]. Available at:http://www.pravo.gov.ru (date of access: 02.11.2018).
- Federalny zakon «O fizicheskoy kulture i sporte v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» ot 29 aprelya 1999 g. no. 80-FZ (s izmeneniyami i dopolneniyami) (utratil silu) [Federal Law 'On Physical education and Sports in the Russian Federation” of April 29, 1999 No. 80-FL (as amended and supplemented) (became invalid)]. GARANT System. Available at: http://base.garant.ru/180377/№ixzz5X8pg1VCn (date of access: 02.11.2018).
- Shutova T.N., Stolyar K.E., Kuzmin M.A. et al. Model sotsialno-psihologicheskoy adaptatsii vyisokokvalifitsirovannyih sportsmenov v postsorevnovatelnom periode zhizni [Model of socio-psychological adaptation of elite athletes in post-competitive period of life]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2018, no. 7, pp. 312- 317.