PhD V.A. Lobova1
PhD Associate Professor A.V. Mironov1
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor V.A. Mishchenko1
Dr.Hab., Professor S.A. Gilmanov1
1Yugra State University, Khanty-Mansiysk
The harsh climatic conditions with scarce daylight and wide air temperature variations in the Siberian North are known to be of detrimental effect to the physical and mental health of the junior population. This age group is highly exposed to the risks of chronic noninfectious diseases often provoked by the physical inactivity and smoking. Objective of the study was to profile the physical inactivity and addictions to psychoactive agents (tobacco and alcohol) versus the mental health test data in this age group. Subject to the study were the 12-14 year-old (n=770) schoolchildren in 7 state schools of the Siberian North. The study data and analyses showed the addictions to psychoactive agents being of negative effect on the age group health as verified by the growing exposure to autonomic disorders and mental imbalances. It should be emphasized that the local education system is in critical need of new institutional models to secure due integration and succession in the primary health service (general and special) for the junior population of the Siberian North.
Keywords: health, physical activity, adolescents, psychoactive substances, autonomic disorders, psychological status.
- Batrshin I.T. , Psyanchin T.S., Yunusov D.I. et al Osobennosti osanki detey Zapadnoy Sibiri i Bashkortostana [Posture features oin children in Western Siberia and Bashkortostan]. Meditsinskiy vestnik Bashkortostana, 2012, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 5-9.
- Bisaliev N. Nekotoryie aspektyi vegetativno-sosudistoy distonii u detey g. Aktobe [Some aspects of vegetative-vascular dystonia in children in Aktobe]. Meditsinskiy zhurnal Zapadnogo Kazakhstana. 2011. no. 1 (29), pp. 52-56.
- Larina N.G. Genderno-vozrastnaya harakteristika vegetativnoy i gemodinamicheskoy reaktsii na holodovoy i psihoemotsionalnyiy stress [Gender-age characteristics of autonomic and hemodynamic reaction to cold and psycho-emotional stress]. Vestnik Novgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2012. no. 67. pp. 65- 67.
- Lobova V.A., Korchin V.I. Osobennosti psihofunktsionalnogo sostoyaniya i rabotosposobnosti u korennogo naseleniya Severa [Features of psycho-functional state and work capacity of indigenous population of the North]. Ekologo-fiziologicheskiy portret korennogo naseleniya KhMAO-Yugryi [Ecological and physiological image of indigenous population of KMAR-Yugra ]. Khanty-Mansiysk: Yugrafika publ., 2012. pp. 157-206.
- Loginov S.I., Khodosova D.A., Nosova M.V. et al. Fizicheskaya aktivnost gorodskih hantyi i mansi na Yugorskom Severe [Physical activity of urban Khanty and Mansi people in the Yugra North]. Vestnik ugrovedeniya. 2011. no. 1 (4).pp. 181-184.
- Shchurov A.G., Churganov O.A., Gavrilova E.A. Dinamika pokazateley fizicheskoy aktivnosti shkolnikov v svobodnoe ot uchebnyih zanyatiy vremya [Dynamics of off-class physical activity indicators of schoolchildren]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2015, no. 12 (130), pp. 296-301.
- Biddle S.J.H., Asare M. Physical activity and mental health in children and adolescents: a review of reviews. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2011, V. 45, no. 11. pp. 886–895.
- Caspersen C.J. , Powell K.E., Christenson G. Physical activity, exercise and physical fitness: definitions and distinctions for health-related research Public Health Reports. 1985. V. 100, no, 2. pp. 126–131.
- Lipnowski S. Healthy active living: Physical activity guidelines for children and adolescents. C.M.A. LeBlanc Paediatr Child Health. 2012. no. 17(4), pp. 209–210.
- Paluska S.A. , Schwenk T.L. Physical activity and mental health: current concepts. Sports Medicine. 2000. V. 29. no. 3, pp. 167–180.