Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №7 2019
PhD, Associate Professor V.V. Apokin1
Master's student N.R. Usaeva1
1Surgut State University, Surgut
Rapidly expanding physical inactivity is reported the world over and commonly known to be of detrimental effect on the academic health and progress rates. This holds particularly true for the harsh climatic conditions of the Russian Yugra North with its intensive oil-and-gas production for the last 50 years. Mental stressors on the academic athletes with health limitations are rather specific and may manifest themselves in the strained interpersonal relations and anxieties (including the future professional career related ones) – that often result in the mental/ emotional imbalances, seclusion, lack of confidence and, hence, academic regresses and backlogs. Objective of the study was to provide sound theoretical and practical experimental grounds for and test a new mental stress control model to secure good academic progress of the students with health impairments within the inclusive academic education curricula. Empirical part of the study was designed to test the new mental stress test and control set in application to the health-impaired students. Sampled for the study were the Surgut State University students, with the Experimental Group composed of 10 students with health impairments including 8 males and 2 females majoring in the academic Disabled Physical Education Service discipline; with every student having a sport qualification in volleyball (n=5) or track/ field sports (n=5). The Reference Group was composed of their group peers trained in the same academic environment. The authors have worked out a definition for the mental stressors on the disabled students in the inclusive education system; offered the new mental control model for this academic group; and tested the model by the educational experiment including the efficient psychological, consulting, health correction service and mental progress tests.
Keywords: mental stressors, students with health impairments, inclusive education, psychological support, academic progress.
- Akatov L.I. Sotsialnaya reabilitatsiya detey s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya: psikhologicheskie osnovy [Social rehabilitation of children with disabilities: psychological foundations]. Study guide. M.: VLADOS pub., 2004 368 p.
- Usaeva N.R., Apokin V.V., Yakovlev B.P. Razvitie emotsionalnoy ustoychivosti k psikhicheskoy nagruzke u studentov-sportsmenov s narusheniyami slukha v period obucheniya v vuze [Development of Emotional Stability to Mental Load in Student-Athletes with Hearing Impairment during University Studies]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 11, pp. 87-89.
- Usaeva N.R. , Yakovlev B.P., Apokin V.V. Sravnitelny analiz lichnostnykh osobennostey studentov-sportsmenov s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya i zdorovykh studentov v usloviyakh uchebnoy deyatelnosti [Personality traits of university athletes with impairments versus their healthy peers: comparative analysis]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. no. 7. pp. 86-88.
- Yakovlev B.P., Usaeva N.R., Apokin V.V. Diagnosticheskie kriterii osobennostey psikhicheskoy nagruzki v usloviyakh uchebnoy deyatelnosti sportsmenov-studentov s OVZ i zdorovykh sportsmenov-studentov [Mental stress test rates in academic learning process for healthy sporting students versus their health-impaired peers]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. no. 3. pp. 89-91.
- Yakovlev B.P., Usaeva N.R., Apokin V.V. Sravnitelny analiz psikhomotornykh funktsiy studentov-sportsmenov s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya i zdorovykh studentov na vliyanie psikhicheskoy nagruzki v usloviyakh uchebnoy deyatelnosti [Comparative effects of mental load impacts on sporting students with health impairment versus their healthy peers in academic process]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. no. 11. pp. 86-88.