Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №7 2019
Dr.Biol., Professor R.V. Tambovtseva1
Postgraduate D.I. Sechin1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
Modern athletic training systems give a high priority to efficient ergogenic agents to improve the competitive fitness. One of the key criteria in the ergogentic agent selection process, in addition to its safety and efficiency, is its origin. The study was designed to rate the short-time effects on the athletes’ mental and physiological test rates of neuropeptide Semax 0.1% versus the hypoxic training by 10% oxygen mix. Sampled for the experiment were the 21-25 year old highly skilled (CMS+) athletes representing different sports (n=45) split up into Reference Group (RG), Semax Group (SG) and Hypoxia Group (HG). The experiment was run from 09:00AM to 12:00, with the meals allowed for 3+ hours prior to the experiment. The RG administered intranasal NaCl; SG administered 500mg of Semax 0.1%; and the HG was subject to 30min hypoxic trainings by 10% oxygen mix. The ergogenic effects on the athletes’ mentality and physiology were rated by the following tests: response to beep (RB); response to flash (RF); choice reaction CR); individual minute (IM); and the interval (six 10s intervals) tapping (ТТ1-ТТ6) test. The SG and HG were tested with the similar benefits of the both ergogenic agents (despite the difference in their bodily ‘targets’) as verified by response tests.
Keywords: athletes, ergogenic effects, hypoxia, neuropeptide, Semax, mental/ physiological performance test rates.
- Ashmarin I.P. Nootropny analog adrenokortikotropina 4-10 – Semaks (15-letniy opyt razrabotki i izucheniya) [Nootropic analogue of adrenocorticotropin 4-10 - Semax (15 years experience in development and study)]. Zhurnal vyisshey nervnoy deyatelnosti. 1997. v. 47. pp. 419-425.
- Volkov N.I., Voytenko Y.L., Tambovtseva R.V. Problemy ergogennykh sredstv i metodov trenirovki v teorii i praktike sporta vysshikh dostizheniy [Problems of ergogenous methods and techniques of training in theory and practice of elite sport]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2013, no. 8, pp. 68-72.
- Lysenko A.V. Ispolzovanie sovremennykh biomeditsinskikh tekhnologiy v sporte [Modern biomedical technology in sports]. Olimpiyskaya ideya segodnya [Olympic idea today]. Proc. 6 nat. sci. conf. with intern. part.. Rostov-on-Don: SFU publ., 2016. pp. 23-28.
- Platonov V.N. Periodizatsiya sportivnoy trenirovki. Obschaya teoriya i ee prakticheskoe primenenie [Periodization of sports training. General theory and its practical application]. Kiev: Olimpiyskaya literatura, 2014. 624 p.
- Sechin D.I., Tambovtseva R.V. Sportivnaya prikladnost nootropnykh sredstv [Nootropic drugs - application in sports]. Aktualnye problemy biokhimii i bioenergetiki sporta XXI veka [Actual problems of sport biochemistry and bioenergy of the XXI century]. Proc. nat. res.-pr. on-line conf. with intern. part.. 2017. pp. 388-396.