Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №7 2019
PhD, Associate Professor O.P. Kokoulina1
PhD, Associate Professor V.A. Ivanov1
PhD, Associate Professor E.A. Lubyshev1
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
Sport career may be considered a long-term hard work for ascendance to the sport elite and competitive accomplishments, with the permanent excellence of the professional athletic competencies and skills. The article analyzes a sport career on the whole with the typical errors upon retirement from sports. Many studies have touched upon the adaptation process disorders in this period, including a deep frustration, neurotic reactions, fears, anger, disappointment, disbeliefs and many other mental issues that constitute a typical post-retirement crisis. The article makes a special emphasis on the ways to rehabilitate the retired athletes in critical conditions and help them effectively adapt to the common life upon retirement from professional sports. It is concluded that the following is required for success of the post-retirement socio-psychological adaptation process: (1) due adaptation facilitation mechanisms need to be developed and updated in the national sport system based on comprehensive analyses of the factors of influence on the post-retirement adaptation process; (2) progress of the post-retirement adaptation to new environment shall be tested using a set of the progress rating criteria/ markers; and (3) target educational and managerial support shall be provided by the relevant professional communities for success of the post-retirement adaptation process.
Keywords: professional sport career, socio-psychological adaptation, trainings, elite athletes, retirement from sports.
- Vygotsky L.S. Psikhologiya [Psychology]. M.: Eksmo-press publ., 2010. 1008 p.
- Makeeva V.S. Model sotsialnoy zashchischennosti sportsmenov vysokoy kvalifikatsii [Social security model for highly skilled athletes]. Srednerusskiy vestnik obshchestvennykh nauk. 2009.
- Statsenko M.E., Fedotova I.V. Meditsinskaya adaptatsiya i kachestvo zhizni sportsmenov vysokoy kvalifikatsii v postsportivnom periode [Medical Adaptation and Quality of Life for High-Qualified Athletes in the Post-Sports Period]. Vestnik Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta. 2009.
- Stambulova N.B. Krizisy sportivnoy karery [Sports career crises]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1997.
- Fedotova I.V. Mediko-sotsialnaya adaptatsiya sportsmenov vysokoy kvalifikatsii v postsportivnom periode [Medico-social adaptation of elite athletes in the post-sports period]. PhD diss. abstr. . Volgograd, 2010.
- Filimonova S.I., Andryushchenko L.B., Averyasova Y.O., Filimonova Y.B. Samorealizatsiya kak faktor effektivnogo upravleniya prostranstvom fizicheskoy kultury i sporta [Self-fulfillment agendas to improve national physical education and sports management system]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 9. pp. 103-104.
- Koshkin A., Katusheva K., Bolvachev A., Yablochkina I. “Life balance of Russian students (by the example of students of the finance department of Plekhanov Russian university of economics)”. Review of European Studies. Volume 6, Issue 4, 1 September 2014, pp. 182- 200. DOI: 10.5539/res.v6n4p182
- Stolyar K.E., Shutova T.N., Vitko S.Y., Andryushchenko L.B. Мanagement and didactic provisions for industrial gymnastics in modern socio-economic situation. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2018. no. 2. p. 25.
- Tutaeva D.R., Andryushchenko L.B., Gavrilova, E.A., Trostina, K.V. Academic interdisciplinary cooperation for education quality improvement. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2018. no. 12. pp. 33-35.