Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №7 2019
Dr.Hab., Professor V.F. Kostyuchenko1
PhD, Associate Professor V.E. Lutkovsky1
PhD S.M. Sukhareva1
1Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport and Health, St. Petersburg
Physical education and sport service is commonly given a high priority by modern societies, and the governmental education policies are geared to popularize and integrate modern physical education and sport service in the school programs. Sampled for the study were the 11-15 year old schoolchildren who were subject to integrated physical activity and fitness tests to rate the school physical education and health service quality. Standard educational progress tests, however, are often one-sided in fact as they rate only the interim results of the school physical education and health service system and fail to rate the optional ways to success. Questionnaire surveys give an insight to the preferences and physical activity of the teenage school population albeit cannot test the physical education service quality on an integrated basis. The article analyzes the integrated physical test data on the 11-15-year-olds to assess their physical fitness; and rates their attitudes to different school physical education and sport services that were probed by a questionnaire survey.
The study data and analyses showed serious disagreements between the own health ratings by the children and the objective physical fitness test data. Thus the girls were tested more prone to reflection and critical attitude to the own physical fitness and individual traits than the boys, although the objective tests found physical fitness of the sample falling within the normal age-specific range.
Keywords: secondary school age, physical fitness, tests.
- Globalnye rekomendatsii po fizicheskoy aktivnosti dlya zdorovya [Global physical activity recommendations for health]. [Electroic resource] WHO. Available at: https://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/factsheet_recommendations/ru/ – (03.03.2019).
- Kostyuchenko V.F., Kozlov S.S., Vrublevskiy E.P. Osobennosti motivatsionno-tsennostnoy napravlennosti zhenshchin-uchiteley zrelogo vozrasta k zanyatiyam ozdorovitelnymi uprazhneniyami [Formation of citizens' physical culture in context of strategy for development of physical education and sports in the Russian Federation]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2017. no.5 (147). pp. 78-81.
- Kostyuchenko V.F., Rudenko G.V., Dubrovskaya Yu.A. Formirovanie fizicheskoy kultury grazhdan v kontekste strategii razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v RF [Mass physical culture encouragement policies in context of national physical education and sports sector development strategy]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. no. 3. pp. 38-40.
- Lubysheva L.I. Sotsialny vektor transformatsii otnosheniya shkolnikov k fizicheskoy kulture i sportivnoy deyatelnosti [Social vector of changes in pupils' attitude to physical education and sports]. , I.M. Salakhov Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2017. no. 2. pp. 71-73.
- Lyakh V.I., Zdanevich A.A. Kompleksnaya programma fizicheskogo vospitaniya uchashchikhsya 1-11 klassov [Comprehensive PE program of 1-11 grade students]. RMES. 4th ed. M.: Prosveshchenie, 2007. 127 p.
- Sukhareva S.M. Metodika povysheniya fizicheskoy aktivnosti detey srednego shkolnogo vozrasta [Methods to facilitate physical activity of secondary school children]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2014. no. 9 (115). pp. 148-152.