Special endurance building model for junior boxers
PhD, Professor S.M. Obukhov1
PhD, Professor V.А. Grigorev1
PhD, Associate Professor N.B. Obukhova1
1Surgut State University, Surgut
The study was designed to develop and test benefits of a special endurance building model for junior (15-16 year-old) boxers to build up their fighting durability. Sampled for the study were 24 junior boxers from Yermak CYORSS in Surgut split up into Experimental Group (n=12) and Reference Group (n=12), with the Experimental Group trained by a high-intensity cycled practices to increase mitochondria in the fast muscle fibers; and the Reference Group trained as required by the standard training system. As recommended by V.N. Seluyanov, the Experimental Group trainings (6 training sessions a week) were complemented by the muscle-group-specific maximal-pace 8-second repeated exercises. At the first stage, the trainings were dominated by the traditional physical conditioning practices with some boxing techniques excellence elements; and at the second stage a high priority was given to the special endurance trainings. On the whole, the special endurance building model testing experiment lasted for 20 months. The study data and analyses demonstrated that the explosive maximal-intensity 8-10-second exercises being beneficial as verified by the Experimental Group technical/ tactical progress in every round of the sparring bouts and the heart rate falls by the end of every round.
Keywords: endurance, speed-strength endurance, oxidizing resource, fast muscle fibers.
- Kim V.V. Metodika trenirovki i otsenki spetsialnoy vyinoslivosti studenta-boksera [Methods of training and evaluation of student boxer's special endurance]. Sverdlovsk, 1981. 32 p.
- Kiselev V.A. Fizicheskaya podgotovka boksera [Boxer physical training]. Study guide. Moscow: Divizion publ., 2013. 235 p.
- Kovtik A.N. Boks: sekrety professionala [Boxing: professional secrets]. 2nd ed.. Moscow, 2013. 219 p.
- Kurguzov G.V., Rusanov V.Ya. Metod intervalnoy trenirovki dlya povyisheniya spetsialnoy rabotosposobnosti bokserov [Interval training method to improve special performance of boxers]. Boxing: Yearbook. Moscow, 1985. pp. 15-16.
- Obukhov S.M., Kuznetsov A.A. Dinamika silovyih i skorostno-silovyih pokazateley sportsmenov, zanimayuschihsya karate [Dynamics of strength and speed-strength indices of karatekas]. «Sovershenstvovanie sistemyi fizicheskogo vospitaniya, sportivnoy trenirovki, turizma i ozdorovleniya razlichnyih kategoriy naseleniya» [Efforts to improve of physical education, sports training, tourism and rehabilitation system for various categories of population] XII nat. res.-pract. conf. , v. 2. Surgut, 2012. pp. 110-113.
- Obukhov S.M. Metodika razvitiya lokalnoy myishechnoy vyinoslivosti u begunov na sredine distantsii 13-15 let [Local muscular endurance building techniques for middle distance runners aged 13-15 years]. PhD diss. abstract. Moscow: RSUPESYT publ., 1992. 21 p.
- Seluyanov V.N. Fizicheskaya podgotovka futbolistov [Physical training of footballers]. Teaching aid. Moscow: TVT Divizion publ., 2006. 191 p.
- Sakhibov D.S., Obukhov S.M. Metodika razvitiya spetsialnoy vyinoslivosti bokserov 15-16 let [Methods of development of special endurance in 15-16 year old boxers]. «Sovershenstvovanie sistemyi fizicheskogo vospitaniya, sportivnoy trenirovki, turizma i ozdorovleniya razlichnyih kategoriy naseleniya» [Efforts to improve of physical education, sports training, tourism and rehabilitation system for various categories of population] XII nat. res.-pract. conf. , Surgut, 2018. pp. 276-280.