Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №2 2019
PhD E.F. Surina-Marysheva1
Dr.Biol., Professor V.V. Erlikh1
Associate Professor, PhD S.A. Kantyukov2
1South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk
2South Ural State Medical University, Chelyabinsk
Objective of the study was to rate benefits of the heart rate variability profiling tests to forecast competitive progress of 15-16 year old elite ice hockey players, with VNS-MICRO Test System (made by NeuroSoft, Russia) applied for the study purposes. The heart rate variability profiles were obtained using the standard HRV timing method, spectral analysis and pulsometry; plus the vegetative reactivity in parasympathetic department (30:15) and the vegetative reactivity typing methods. The individual competitive progress was rated for 4 years since graduation from the Olympic Reserve Sport School. The test data were processed using Statistica 10.0 software toolkit with its R-language. The individual sport career forecasts and scenarios were generated using Random Forest modeling tools with the relevant set of the most informative progress criteria. The study showed benefits of the heart rate variability profiling tests for the competitive progress forecasts in the junior elite ice hockey; and gives analyses of the heart rate variability variation profiles of the leading junior players in the competitive periods.
Keywords: heart rate variability, athletes, puberty, ice hockey, forecasting.
- Gavrilova E.A. Sport, stress, variabelnost [Sport, stress, variability]. Moscow: Sport, 2015. 168 p.
- Mikhaylov V.M. Variabelnost ritma serdtsa. Opyit prakticheskogo primeneniya [Heart rate variability. Experience of practical application]. Ivanovo: ISMA publ., 2000, 200 p.
- Rossiyskiy hokkey [Russian hockey]. http://www.r-hockey.ru (date of access 08.05.2017).
- Surina-Maryisheva E.F., Erlikh V.V., Korableva Yu.B. et al. Fizicheskoe razvitie yunyih hokkeistov [Physical development of junior hockey players]. Chelovek. Sport. Meditsina. 2017. no. 17. pp. 21-31.
- Shlyk N.I. Serdechny ritm i tip regulyatsii u detey, podrostkov i sportsmenov [Heart rate and type of regulation in children, adolescents and athletes]. Izhevsk: UU publ., 2009. 259 p.
- Cipryan L. , Laursen P.B., Plews D.J. Cardiac autonomic response following high-intensity running work-to-rest interval manipulating. Eur. J. Sports Sci. 2016, no.16. P. 808-817.
- Fumarco, L. , Gibbs B.G. , Jarvis J.A., Rossi G. The relative age effect reversal among the National Hockey League elite. PLos One. 2017. no.12(8). P. 27.
- Kabacoff R.I. R in Action: Data Analisis and Graphics with R. Island: Manning Publications Co. 2015, 579 p.
- Koenig, J. , Jarczok M.N. , Wasner M., Hillecke T.K. Heart rate variability and swimming. Sport Med. 2014. no.44. pp. 1377-1391.
- Lauren, B. Do physical maturity and birth date predict talent in male youth ice hockey players? Journal of Sports Sciences. 2007. no.25(8). pp. 879-886.
- Montgomery D.L. Physiological profile of professional hockey players – a longitudinal comparison. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 2006. no.31. pp. 181-185.