Online physical education and sport service applied for teaching Russian as foreign language
Associate Professor, PhD O.V. Kharitonova1
Associate Professor, PhD Y.N. Buzina1
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
The study analyzes benefits of the modern online physical education and sport service application for teaching Russian as a foreign language. The high interest in this educational service is due to the high attraction of modern sports and their role in the global and national cultures and to the didactic benefits of the modern online educational systems for many purposes including teaching Russian as a foreign language. Russian history and culture is inseparable from the national sport history and accomplishments. The fast progress of modern sports on the national turf has had its implications for the Russian language lexicons. The study overviews the sport lexicon mastering practices and special grammar practices under the physical education and sports (PES) curriculum; and analyzes the available online resources for the intercultural communication in Russian..
Keywords: sports, Russian as a foreign language, country studies, lexicon, lexical minimum, grammar, Olympiad, Paralympics, FIFA World Cup, economy.
- Bleer A.N., Suslov F.P. Terminologiya sporta [Sports terminology]. Explanatory dictionary-directory. Moscow, 2010.
- Galkin V.V. Ekonomika i upravlenie fizicheskoy kulturoy i sportom [Economy and management of physical education and sports]. Rostov-on-Don, 2006.
- Guick E., Gupalo E. Populyarnaya istoriya sporta [Popular Sports History]. Handbook. Moscow, 2007.
- Goloshchapov B.R. Istoriya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta [History of physical education and sports]. Moscow, 2008.
- Zubkova A.V., Barabanshchikova E.S. Russko-angliyskiy slovar po legkoy atletike [Russian-English Athletics Dictionary]. Moscow, 2000.
- Kapitonova T.I., Moskovkin L.V. Metodika obucheniya russkomu yazyku kak inostrannomu na etape predvuzovskoy podgotovki [Methods of teaching Russian as foreign language at pre-university training stage]. St. Petersburg: Zlatoust publ., 2006.
- Kozhevnikova I.G. Russkaya sportivnaya leksika: Strukturno-semanticheskoe opisanie [Russian sports vocabulary: Structural semantic description]. Voronezh, 2002.
- Krysin L.P. Tolkovy slovar inoyazychnykh slov [Explanatory dictionary of foreign words]. Moscow: Russian language publ., 2006.
- Mechkovskaya N.B. Istoriya yazyika i istoriya kommunikatsii: ot klinopisi do Interneta [History of language and history of communication: from cuneiform to Internet]. Moscow: Nauka publ., 2009.
- Obshcheevropeyskie kompetentsii vladeniya inostrannyim yazykom: Izuchenie, obuchenie, otsenka [Common European competences of foreign language proficiency: Study, training, assessment]. Department of Language Policy, Strasbourg. Moscow: MSLU (Russian version) publ., 2005.
- Rylov A.S. Futbolnaya terminologiya [Football terminology]. Dictionary. Nizhny Novgorod, 1997.
- Morkovkin V.V. [ed.]. Sistema leksicheskikh minimumov sovremennogo russkogo [System of lexical minima of modern Russian language]. Moscow, 2003.