Teaching physical fitness test system design basics
Associate Professor, PhD E.N. Terekhina1
1South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk
The study analyzes benefits of foreign health practices, with a special attention to the Chinese ones, for the academic health service system. The interest is due to the commonly known successes of the modern Chinese education system in the physical education and health domain. Objective of the study was to find the most efficient Chinese health technologies and adapt them to the health services provided by the national education system. A special emphasis shall be made on the academic health service with contribution of the best Chinese health practices for the healthy specialist training mission. Sampled for the study were the 17-19 year-old students of SUSU (n=197). The study data and analyses showed benefits of the Chinese Qigong health practices (with their focus on the best ethical qualities, mental conditioning, respiratory training, postural control etc.) for the academic physical education and sport service as verified by the Experimental Group progress in the physicality and functionality rates plus the notable academic progress. Based on the study findings, the authors make recommendations on how the best Chinese health practices may be implemented in the adapted and customizable formats in the academic physical education and sport system to improve the health culture of Russian students.
Keywords: students, health protection, physical activity, functionality, Qigong.
- Butrimov V.A. Ozdorovitelny tsigun. Put dlya nachinayushchikh [Fitness qigong for beginners]. Rostov-on-Don: Feniks publ., 2005, 208 p.
- Byan Ch. Daosskaya sistema sokhraneniya zdorovya [Taoist System of Health Preservation]. Lechebnye gimnastiki Kitaya [Chinese therapeutic gymnastics]. St. Petersburg: Komplekt publ., 1998, pp. 211- 372.
- Viktorov D.V. Fizkulturnoe obrazovanie: faktor zdorovyesberegayushchey kompetentnosti studencheskoy molodezhi [Physical education: factor in health-protection competency of students]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2014, no. 387, pp. 194- 202.
- Repin V.F. Metodicheskie printsipy fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnoy raboty po ohrane zdorovya studencheskoy molodezhi [Methodical principles of physical education and health work in student health protection]. Mat. X mezhuniversitetskoy nauchno-metodicheskoy konferentsii 'Organizatsiya i metodika uchebnogo protsessa, fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnoy i sportivnoy raboty' [Proc. X Inter-university res.-methodical conference 'Organization and methods of educational process, physical training and sports activities']. Moscow: MSU publ., 2008, pp. 266-268.
- Fyodorov A., Erlikh V. Health behavioral factors in modern adolescents. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 2016, no. 16(1), pр. 109-112.