Dr.Hab., Professor L.S. Dvorkin1
Master's student I.E. Kucherenko1
1Kuban State University of Physical Education, Sport and Tourism, Krasnodar
The study analyzes the age- and gender-specific physicality test data arrays including physical development, physical fitness and functionality tests, with the 1-4-grade schoolchildren sampled for the tests. The data arrays were analyzed versus the physical development indices consolidating six progress rating criteria; functionality indices consolidating five criteria; and physicality indices consolidating four criteria. The sample physicality index was calculated as the integrated value produced by the total physical development, functionality and physical fitness indices summated and divided by 3. The study found the integrated physicality indices of the 1-4-grade female group being lower than that of the male group; they were estimated at 118.9, 126.6, 135.8 and 145.4 units for the 1, 2, 3 and 4 grade female groups, respectively, versus 126.0, 133.5, 145.4 and 156.5 units for the peer male groups. For the four years of tests, the integrated physicality index was found to grow by 22.2% and 24.2% in the female and male subsamples, respectively.
Keywords: integrated indices , physical development, functionality , physical fitness, indices, 1-4-grade schoolchildren.
- Baranov A.A., Kuchma V.R., Skoblina N.A. Fizicheskoe razvitie detey i podrostkov na rubezhe vekov [Physical development of children and adolescents at the turn of the century]. Fizicheskoe razvitie detey i podrostkov na rubezhe vekov [Physical development of children and adolescents at the turn of the century]. Moscow, 2008, 216 p.
- Godik M.A., Bal'sevich V.K., Timoshkin V.N. Sistema obscheevropeyskikh testov dlya otsenki fizicheskogo sostoyaniya cheloveka [European test system to assess physical condition]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 1994, no. 5-6, pp. 24-32.
- Dvorkina N.I., Dvorkin L.S., Popov A.I. Vozrastnaya dinamika morfologicheskoy zrelosti shkolnikov 7-16 let, zanimayuschihsya razlichnymi vidami dvigatelnoy aktivnosti [Effects of sporting activities on age-specific morphological maturity of 7-16 year-old schoolchildren]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka, 2017, no. 3, pp. 5-8.
- Demin E.A. Monitoring fizicheskogo razvitiya i dvigatelnoy podgotovlennosti uchashchikhsya osnovnoy i sredney shkolyi [Monitoring of physical development and motor fitness of primary and secondary school children]. Innovatsii: poiski i issledovaniya, 2012, no. 16.
- Landa B.Kh. Metodika kompleksnoy otsenki fizicheskogo razvitiya i fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti [Methods of integrated assessment of physical development and physical fitness]. Study guide. 3rd ed., rev., sup. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2006, 208 p.