Dr.Hab., Professor N.I. Dvorkina1
Master's student V.Y. Prostakova1
1Kuban State University of Physical Education, Sport and Tourism, Krasnodar
The existing physical education (PE) curricula of the national educational establishments still largely fail to secure good health and physical progress due to the inefficient school physical education models that are mostly designed on the traditional concepts and programs. Sampled for the educational experiment under the study were two age groups of 7 and 8 year-old schoolchildren. The experimental training model, tested throughout the school year, included elements of aerobic trainings customized to the body length and mass, with the trainees’ physical progress tested by standing long jump, 30m sprint and deadlift dynamometry tests. Each of the two age/ gender groups included three body-mass-index-specific subgroups. The study data and analyses showed benefits of the new customizable aerobic training model – as verified by the physical progress in both of the gender subgroups. The study found the following correlations of the BMI with the test data: r=0.671/ r=0.598 for the male/ female subgroups in the 30m sprint test; r=0.593/ r=0.532 for the male/ female subgroups in the speed-strength (standing long jump) test; and r=0.741/ r=0.675 for the male/ female subgroups in the strength (deadlift dynamometry) test.
Keywords: 7 and 8 year-old schoolchildren, physical development, physical fitness, correlation, aerobic workout.
- Dvorkina N.I., Kiryanova T.V. Povyshenie effektivnosti fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti detey 6-7 let na osnove zanyatiy rok-n-roll aerobikoy [Effectivization of physical fitness of 6-7 year-olds based on rock and roll aerobics]. Vzaimodeystvie nauki i obschestva: problemy i perspektivy. Sb. statey mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf.: v 4 chastyakh [Interaction of science and society: problems and prospects. Proc. Intern. res.-practical conf.: in 4 parts], 2017, pp. 103-107.
- Dvorkina N.I., Dvorkin L.S., Popov A.I. Vozrastnaya dinamika morfologicheskoy zrelosti shkolnikov 7-16 let, zanimayushchikhsya razlichnymi vidami dvigatelnoy aktivnosti [Effects of sporting activities on age-specific morphological maturity of 7-16 year-old schoolchildren]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka, 2017, no. 3, pp. 5-8.
- Evdokimov V.I., Churganov O.A. Ozdorovitelnaya fizicheskaya kultura – sredstvo optimizatsii professionalnogo zdorovya i kachestva zhizni [Recreational physical culture to optimize occupational health and quality of life]. Aktualnye problemy fizicheskoy podgotovki, 2007, no. 2, pp. 68-72.
- Litvinova O.P. Vliyanie ozdorovitelnoy aerobiki na razvitie dvigatelnykh kachestv [Impact of health aerobics on development of motor skills]. Pedagogika, psikhologiya i mediko-biol. problemy fiz. vospitaniya i sporta, 2009, no. 10, pp. 118-121.
- Behringer M, vom Heede A, Yue Z, Mester J. Effects of resistance training in children and adolescents: A meta-analysis. Pediatrics. 2010;126(5): pp. 1199–1210.
- Eisenmann J.C., Laurson K.R., Welk G.J. Aerobic fitness percentiles for American teenagers. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2011; 41 (4): pp.-106-110.