Dr.Hab., Professor A.I. Seselkin1
PhD, Associate Professor V.P. Kartashev1
PhD, Associate Professor N.V. Karpova1
Applicant K.A. Chernetskaya1
1Russian State Social University, Moscow
The study analyzes benefits of a new physical rehabilitation method for the hearing-impaired athletes after musculoskeletal injuries, with the radial head fracture taken for the case study to analyze benefits of the immobilizing, post-immobilizing and rehabilitation process stages with application of therapeutic gymnastics, massage, yoga and aquatic rehabilitation tools. For the purposes of the study we applied the Mironov-Burmakova test to rate pain in the elbow joint; the same test adapted by V.A. Kalantyrskaya to rate amplitudes of the flexion-extension and rotation movements in the elbow joint; dynamometry; bodily functional status rating tests; educational experiment; and standard mathematical methods of statistics; with the muscular strength rated by the hand-held dynamometry. Subject to the experiment and tests were 15 hearing-impaired sambo and judo wrestlers; diagnosed with radial head fracture; and split up into Experimental and Reference Groups (EG, RG). The physical rehabilitation model was found beneficial as verified by the meaningful progress of the EG versus RG in muscle strength, joint flexion and rotation rating tests.
Keywords: physical rehabilitation, injuries, musculoskeletal system.
- Belaya N.A. Lechebnaya fizkultura i massazh. Uchebno-metod. posobie dlya meditsinskih rabotnikov [Therapeutic physical training and massage. Teaching aid for medical workers]. Moscow: Lira publ., 2012, 699 p.
- Boyko I.V., Kondrashova A.N. Osobennosti meditsinskoy reabilitatsii bolnykh s posledstviyami travm loktevogo sustava [Specifics of medical rehabilitation of patients after elbow joint injuries]. Skoraya med. pomosch, 2013. Spec. is., pp. 24-25.
- Kalantyrskaya V.A. Lechenie perelomov golovki luchevoy kosti. Avtoref. dis. kand. med. nauk [Treatment of radial head fractures. PhD diss. abstract]. Moscow, 2012, 18 p.
- Kaptelin A.F., Lebedeva I.P. Lechebnaya fizkultura v sisteme meditsinskoy reabilitatsii. Rukovodstvo dlya vrachey [Therapeutic physical training in medical rehabilitation system. Doctor's Guide]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 2015, 312 p.
- Shmeleva S.V., Kartashev V.P. Motivatsiya zdorovogo obraza zhizni [Motivation for healthy lifestyle]. Sbornik nauchno-metodicheskih statey po itogam Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem «Vozrozhdenie Vserossiyskogo fizkulturno-sportivnogo kompleksa GTO: problemy, opyt, perspektivy' [Col. res.-methodological articles based on proc. Nat. res.-practical conf. with intern. participation "Reinstallment of Russian Physical Culture and Sports GTO Complex: Problems, Experience, Prospects"], Kirov: Raduga-PRESS publ., 2016, pp. 144–147.
- Shmeleva S.V., Taktarov V.G. Soderzhanie i metodika sotsialno-meditsinskoy raboty. Ucheb. posobie [Content and methodology of social and medical work. Study guide]. Moscow: Akademiya publ., 2010.