PhD L.A. Belozerova1
PhD, Associate Professor E.A. Bragina1
PhD I.A. Semenova1
PhD, Associate Professor I.A. Semikasheva1
1Ulyanovsk State Pedagogical University n.a. I.N. Ulyanov, Ulyanovsk
In modern sport science a high priority is given to the studies of self-control qualities viewed as the individual ability to control own emotional, physical and internal responses. It should be noted that many issues of the sport stress control and coping strategies are still virtually unexplored. The study was designed to test the assumption that the systemic sporting practices help develop self-control skills and constructive stress-coping strategies viewed among the best personality qualities for the sport careers. The study data were used for a comparative analysis of the self-control skills and stress-coping strategies in sporting students (qualified Masters of Sports and high-class athletes) versus their non-sporting peers aged 19 years on average. The study data and analysis showed the sporting students making high progress in the self-control and stress-coping strategies development aspects.
Keywords: sports, athletes’ mental qualities, self-control skills, stress-coping behavioral strategies.
- Vodopyanova N.E. Psikhodiagnostika stressa [Psychodiagnostics of stress]. St. Petersburg: Piter publ., 2009, 336 p.
- Zabegalina S.V., Belozerova L.A. Psikhologicheskiy stress i emotsionalnaya napryazhennost kak faktory disfunktsionalnykh izmeneniy lichnosti [Psychological stress and emotional tension as factors of dysfunctional personality changes]. Sb. mater. mezhdunar. nauch. e-simpoziuma 'Prakticheskaya psikhologiya: aktualnye voprosy i opyt issledovaniy' [Intern. sci. e-symposium 'Practical psychology: current issues and research experience']. Kirov, 2015, P. 10-23.
- Igoshina M.A., Kotlyarova M.N. Osobennosti vzaimosvyazi koping-strategiy s volevymi kachestvami lichnosti sportsmenov [Features of relationship between coping strategies and athletes' strong-willed personality traits]. Mater. IV Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. 'Psikhologiya stressa i sovladayuschego povedeniya: resursy, zdorovye, razvitie' [Proc. IV Intern. sci. conf. 'Psychology of stress and coping behaviour: resources, health, development']. Kostroma: Nekrasov KSU, 2016, vol. 1, pp. 32-34.
- Morosanova V.I., Konoz E.M. Stilevaya samoregulyatsiya povedeniya cheloveka [Style self-regulation of human behavior]. Voprosy psikhologii, 2000, no. 2, pp. 118-127.
- Opletin A.A. Sredstva fizicheskoy kultury v reshenii zadach samorazvitiya lichnosti [Means of physical culture to solve personality self-development problems]. Pedagogiko-psikhologicheskie i mediko-biologicheskie problemy fizicheskoy kultury i sporta, 2014, no. 3 (32), pp. 91-96. Rezhim dostupa: http://journal-science.org/ru/article/108.html.
- Parkhomenko E.A. Stilevye osobennosti samoregulyatsii povedeniya sportsmenov vysokoy kvalifikatsii [Style features of self-regulation of highly skilled athletes' behaviour]. Teoriya i praktika obschestvennogo razvitiya, 2013, no. 4, pp. 86-93.
- Puni A.Ts. Problema lichnosti v psikhologii sporta [Problem of personality in psychology of sports]. Moscow, 1980, 230 p.
- Hobfoll S.E. Stress, culture, and community. N.Y. and London. 1998.