PhD, Associate Professor N.D. Golberg1
PhD, Associate Professor I.V. Astratenkova2
Dr.Med. I.I. Akhmetov1
Dr.Biol., Professor V.A.Rogozkin1
1St. Petersburg Research Institute of Physical Culture, St. Petersburg
2St.Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg
Mapping on the human genome and genome of other organisms revealed not only the DNA organization principles, but also showed the regulation complexity of the structural and metabolic genes expression. It turned out that external influences such as nutrition, stress, physical activity and other external stimuli change genes expression and control it through a complex set of regulatory mechanisms.
A complex set of molecular mechanisms, including genetic and epigenetic factors, is involved in the regulation of skeletal muscle metabolism. Epigenetic regulation of gene expression in human skeletal muscles is carried out at three levels: DNA methylation, histone modification and mRNA–microRNA interaction. The article considers the possible mechanisms of epigenetic regulation of intracellular metabolism of skeletal muscles during single and systematic exercises
Keywords: epigenetics, DNA methylation, modification of histones, microRNA, exercise.
- Astratenkova I.V., Rogozkin V.A. Rol atsetilirovaniya /deatsetilirovaniya gistonov i transkriptsionnykh faktorov v regulyatsii metabolizma skeletnykh myshtsakh [The role of acetylation/deacetylation of histones and transcription factors in the regulation of skeletal muscle metabolism]. Rossiyskiy fiziologicheskiy zhurnal im. I.M. Sechenova, 2017, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 593-605.
- Astratenkova I.V., Rogozkin V.A. Uchastie mikroRNK v regulyatsii metabolizma skeletnykh myshts [The role of microRNA in the regulation of skeletal muscle metabolism]. Rossiyskiy fiziologicheskiy zhurnal im. I.M. Sechenova, 2015, vol. 101, no. 7, pp. 753-772.
- Akhmetov I.I. Molekulyarnaya genetika sporta [Sports molecular genetics]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2009, 268 p.
- Rogozkin V.A., Nazarov I.B., Kazakov V.I. Geneticheskie markery fizicheskoy rabotosposobnosti cheloveka [Genetic markers of individual physical working capacity]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2000, no. 12, pp. 33-36.
- Rogozkin V.A. Rasshifrovka genoma cheloveka i sport [Decoding of human genome and sport]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2001, no. 6, pp. 60-63.
- Pitsiladis Y.P., Tanaka M., Eynon N., Bouchard C., North K.N., Williams A.G., Collins M., Moran C., Britton S.L., Fuku N., Ashely E.A., Klissouras V., Lusia A., Ahmetov I.I., de Gens E., Alsayrafo M. Athlome Project Consortium: a concerted effort to discover genomic and other “omic” markers of athletic performance. Physiol. Genomics, 2016, vol.48, pp.183-190.