PhD T.I. Epp1
PhD, Associate Professor G.N. Pshenichnikova2
PhD, Associate Professor J.V. Korichko3
1Omsk State Pedagogical University, Omsk
2Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, Omsk
3Nizhnevartovsk State University, Nizhnevartovsk
The study was designed to analyse the motor sequence component-wise harmonisation and improvement tools in the competitive cheerleading routines. It was found that the tools will include the following components: synchronising the athletes’ motor sequences by a variety of coordination, musical illustration synchronisation and position control parameters to secure the high quality artistic performance on the ground as required by the program script and elementary patterns. Objective of the study was to develop a special practical methodology with a set of special tools to secure progress of this mass gymnastic sport discipline with a special emphasis on the teamwork synchronising aspects. The article gives an account of the special training tasks designed to improve the key teamwork synchronising components in the competitive cheerleading routines, including the synchronised positioning, regrouping and relocation skills and the performance control abilities. The training tasks are designed to apply a wide variety of supportive elements including movement guiding points like floor signs; colour pyramids on the floor; and wall marks (colour targets) to help the athletes duly control their movement sequences and improve them. Based on the study data and analysis, we offer practical recommendations to help the coaches and athletes step up the training process efficiency.
Keywords: cheerleading, team, teamwork synchronising, routine composition, positioning skills, special training tools.
- Kuleshova Z.S. Tendentsii razvitiya cherlidinga v Rossii [Trends in development of cheerleading in Russia]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2009, no. 1, pp. 51–54.
- Pshenichnikova G.N., Korichko J.V. Aerobika v shkole. Ucheb. posobie. Izd. 2-e [Aerobics in school. Study guide]. Omsk: SibSUPC publ., 2011, 256 p.
- Semibratova I.S. Nadezhnost vypolneniya perebrosok predmetov v gruppovykh uprazhneniyakh khudozhestvennoy gimnastiki. Avtoref. dis. kand. ped. nauk [Reliability of change over performance in group exercises in rhythmic gymnastics. PhD diss. abstract]. St. Petersburg, 2007, 24 p.
- Shevchuk N.A., Turchina E.V. Metodika otsenki sinkhronnosti ispolneniya dvigatelnykh deystviy sportsmenkami v gruppovykh gimnasticheskikh uprazhneniyakh [Methods for assessing synchronism of performed motor actions by female athletes in group gymnastic exercises]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2015, no. 12 (130), pp. 290-293.
- Epp T.I. Soglasovannost dvigatelnykh deystviy v komandnykh sorevnovatelnykh kompozitsiyakh v cherlidinge [Coherence of motor actions in team competitive compositions in cheerleading]. Omskiy nauchny vestnik. Ser.: «Obshchestvo. Istoriya. Sovremennost», 2013, no. 2 (116), pp. 241-244.
- Epp T.I., Pshenichnikova G.N. Metodika sovershenstvovaniya soglasovannosti gruppovykh dvigatelnykh deystviy kvalifitsirovannykh sportsmenok v cherlidinge [Method for improving coordination of group motor actions of skilled female cheerleaders]. Omskiy nauchny vestnik. Seriya: «Obshchestvo. Istoriya. Sovremennost», 2014, no. 2 (126), pp. 204-208.