Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №6 2017, pp.102-104
PhD V.A. Byrkin1
1National Research Nuclear University MEPhI, Moscow
The growing popularity of mass orienteering events has brought to the forefront a few critical challenges. First, top priority needs to be given to the safety of competitors since the orienteering events with their forest racing activities are always associated – even in good weather conditions – with high risks of traumas (from sharp boughs, falls on cliffs, ravines etc.). And, second, the entertaining aspect of the events needs to be advanced. The present study considers promises of modern communication geo-information (GIS) technologies to help solve the both above-mentioned problems i.e. step up the safety standards and advance the entertaining aspect of the events. The study data give the means to offer new technological solutions to make it possible to step up, on a cost-efficient basis, the safety and management standards and the entertaining aspect of the competitions.
Keywords: orienteering, safety, GIS technologies, competitions.
- O-GPS Center. Available at: http://o-gps-center.ru/viewer
- Ermachenkov A.A., Beschastny L.L., Byrkin V.A., Kochnov D.A., Klukin S.A. Programmnoe obespechenie raboty sluzhb informatsii i khronometrazha massovykh sorevnovanij po sportivnomu orientirovaniyu v usloviyakh megapolisa [Software operation information services and time-study of mass orienteering competitions in a metropolis]. Moscow: NRNU MEPhI publ., 2013, 54 p.
- Ermachenkov A.A. Tekhnologiya organizatsii trenirovochnykh startov [Training events planning technology]. Moscow: Academprint publ., 2008, 70 p.
- Ermachenkov A.A. Sistema ONLINE GPS translyatsii sorevnovaniy po sportivnomu orientirovaniyu v usloviyakh megapolisa [ONLINE GPS orienteering competition broadcast system in a metropolis]. NRNU MEPhI Scientific Session 2015. NRNU MEPhI publ., Moscow, 2015, vol. 3, pp. 242-242.
- Mukhina O.N., Naletov D.V., Prokhorov A.M. Kak provesti sorevnovaniya [Competition staging procedure]. Voronezh: VSU publ., 2008, 159 p.