PhD E.A. Reutskaya1
PhD N.V. Pavlova1
PhD O.S. Antipova1
Dr.Hab., Professor V.A. Aikin2
PhD, Associate Professor А.В. Korichko3
1Extreme Environments Research Institute under Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, Omsk
2Siberian State University of Physical Culture and Sports, Omsk
3Nizhnevartovsk State University, Nizhnevartovsk
Objective of the study was to develop a set of efficient qualification criteria for junior ice hockey players.
Subject to the study were 15-16 year-old players of the CYSS of Avant-garde Sport Club. The study methodology included: anthropometric characteristics and functionality rating tests, psycho-physiological tests; and physical working capacity tests, with the test data analysed by the solution tree and Kohonen cards tools to assess the qualification potential of a player, individualize the training process and design a team strategy on the whole. The study data and analyses were used to design a solution tree with the relevant qualification standards for the 15-16 year-old players, with a special emphasis on their functionality rates.
The Kohonen cards were applied to find regularities and make forecasts of players’ qualifications for the first string of an ice hockey team; and work out practical recommendations for the team coaches on how the training process should be designed and managed on an individualized basis.
Keywords: ice hockey, qualification, forecasting, individualisation, solution tree, Kohonen cards.
- Gazimov I.R., Gumarov R.Z., Ivanov M.B. K probleme otbora v khokkee [Problem of qualification in hockey]. Uspekhi sovremennogo estestvoznaniya [International Journal of Experimental Education], 2012, no. 5, pp. 111–112.
- Donets N.B., Abdullin R.R., Sadriev A.R. Spetsificheskaya podgotovka yunykh khokkeistov [Special training in youth hockey]. Mezhdunarodny zhurnal eksperimentalnogo obrazovaniya [International Journal of Experimental Education], 2014, no. 7 (1), p. 57.
- Kulikova O.M., Kalugin V.E., Pilnik N.B. Issledovanie innovatsionnogo razvitiya proizvodstva v regionakh RF s primeneniem kart Kokhonena [Research of innovative production development in the regions of the Russian Federation using Kohonen cards]. Fundamentalnye issledovaniya, 2015, no. 2 (25), pp. 5639–5643.
- Mikhno L.V., Samsonova A.V. Pokazateli vozrasta i fizicheskogo razvitiya vysokokvalifitsirovannykh khokkeistov razlichnogo amplua [Age and physical development indices of highly skilled hockey players with various playing positions]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2013, no. 8 (102), pp. 152-157.
- Paklin N.B., Oreshnikov V.I. Biznes – analitika ot dannykh k znaniyam [Business analytics - from data to knowledge]. St. Petersburg: Piter publ., 2013, 706 p.
- Plotnikov V.V. Tekhniko-takticheskaya podgotovka khokkeistov na etape uglublennoy spetsializatsii [Technical and tactical training of hockey players in-depth specialization stage]. Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta, 2013, no. 2 (18), pp. 531 - 535.
- Hunt E.B., Marin J., Stone P. Experiments in Induction. New York: Academic Press, 1966, 247 p.