Dr.Sc.Psych., Professor A.V. Shlenkov1
Dr.Hab., Professor, Honorary Figure of Russian Higher Education M.T. Lobzha1
1St. Petersburg University of the State Fire Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to develop and theoretically substantiate a professional applied physical training technology for rescuers as a basis of their professional physical fitness. In the model technology design process, we analyzed the existing training programs in the High Risk Rescue Operation Management Specialty. As a result, we come up with a set of the rescuers’ physical fitness requirements; obtained and analyzed the interim physical fitness test data of the future rescuers; and performed the final physical fitness tests of the rescue service specialists. The study data and analyses made it possible to develop a Professional Applied Physical Training Program for Rescuers (PAPTPR) better customized to their practical job responsibilities. The article shows benefits of the proposed technology for the rescue service specialist training process with a special emphasis on the technology to develop and perfect the professionally important physical qualities and skills. The technology gives a top priority to the applied professional skills and abilities of highest demand in the emergency rescue operations; and improves the bodily tolerance to a variety of environmental conditions in emergency situations.
The proposed technology and the relevant education program are designed to build up due physical fitness, professional knowledge and skills in the rescue service personnel.
Keywords: rescue service personnel training, professional applied physical training technology for rescuers, professionally important physical qualities, fitness for professional career, professional requirements.
- Aganov S.S. Razvitie fizicheskoy kultury v vuzakh GPS MChS Rossii [Development of physical education in universities of the State Fire Service of EMERCOM of Russia]. Vestnik SPb instituta GPS, 2006, no. 1 (12)-2(13), pp. 205-210.
- Gorelov A.A. Nauchno-issledovatelskaya rabota po fizicheskoy podgotovke v vooruzhennykh silakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii i perspektivy ee sovershenstvovaniya [Research work on physical training in the armed forces of the Russian Federation and prospects for its improvement]. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy podgotovki, 1994, no. 1, pp. 18-24.
- Greshnykh A.A. Pedagogicheskaya tekhnologiya upravleniya podgotovkoy spetsialistov pozharno-spasatelnogo profilya v vuzakh MChS Rossii. Dis. dokt. ped. nauk [Pedagogical technology of fire and rescue specialists training management in the universities of EMERCOM of Russia. Doct. diss. (Hab.)]. St. Petersburg, 2006, 364 p.
- Kuramshin Y.F. Sovremennye podkhody k strukture fizicheskoy kultury lichnosti [Modern approaches to structure of personal physical culture]. Mezhvuz. sb. Aktualnye problemy teorii i praktiki fizicheskoy kultury [Inter-univer. col. works. Actual problems of theory and practice of physical culture]. St. Petersburg: SPbSUEF publ., 2004, pp. 68-73.
- Lobzha M.T., Zhernakov D.V. Strukturno-komponentnye aspekty emotsionalno-volevoy ustoychivosti [Structural component aspects of affective-volitional tolerance]. Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo universiteta GPS MChS Rossii [Bulletin of St. Petersburg State Fire Service University of EMERCOM of Russia], 2012, 28 p.
- Prikaz MChS RF ot 30 marta 2011 g. # 153 «Ob utverzhdenii Nastavleniya po fizicheskoy podgotovke lichnogo sostava federalnoy protivopozharnoy sluzhby! [Order of MES RF March, 30, 2011 No. 153 "On Approval of Physical Training Manual for Federal Fire Service Personnel!].
- Shlenkov A.V. Psikhologicheskaya ustoychivost spetsialista-spasatelya MChS Rossii v protsesse vypolneniya avariyno-spasatelnykh rabot [Mental strength of professional rescuer of MES of Russia during salvage and rescue operations]. Mater. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. Psikhologicheskie aspekty povedencheskikh reaktsiy cheloveka v ChS i ih korrektirovka". [Proc. All-Rus. res.-pract. conf. "Psychological aspects of behavioral reactions of person in emergencies and their correction"]. Academy of Theater Arts publ., St. Petersburg, 2004, p. 25.