Dr.Biol., Professor R.V. Tambovtseva1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
Objective of the study was to analyze hormonal regulation of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism under extreme loads in highly-skilled athletes in different sports.
Subjects were tested by the incremental to maximal exercise tests, with their venous blood being tested for insulin, somatotropin, non-esterified fatty acids, glycerin and glucose; and arterial blood tested for lactic acid at rest on minutes 3 and 10 of recovery; and urine being tested for catecholamine. The incremental to maximal exercise tests in application to highly-skilled skaters, middle-distance runners and pentathletes showed the following: the general regularities of the body adaptation to the physical loads in the subjects were associated with some specific aspects of the metabolic processes correlating with the training and competitive load specifics. The tests found some differences in the metabolic processes in athletes specializing in different sport disciplines both at rest and in their bodily responses to loads.
Keywords: hormones, metabolism, carbohydrates, lipids, physical load, skaters, track and field athletes, pentathletes, training methods.
- Volkov N.I., Nessen E.N., Osipenko A.A., Korsun S.N. Biokhimiya myshechnoy deyatelnosti. Uchebnik [Biochemistry of Muscular Activity. Textbook]. Kiev: Olimpiyskaya Literatura publ., 2013, 503 p.
- Kremer U.J., Rogol A.D. Endokrinnaya sistema, sport i dvigatelnaya aktivnost [Endocrine system, sport and motor activity]. Kiev: Olimpiyskaya Literatura publ., 2005, 599 p.
- Martirosov E.G. Morfofunktsionalnye osobennosti vysokokvalifitsirovannykh sportsmenov [Morphofunctional characteristics of highly skilled athletes]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1981.
- Newsholm E., Start K. Regulyatsiya metabolizma [Regulation of metabolism]. Moscow: Mir publ., 1977.
- Pogodina S.V., Aleksanyantz G.D. Adaptatsionnye izmeneniya glyukokortikoidnoy aktivnosti v organizme vysokokvalifitsirovannykh sportsmenov razlichnykh polovozrastnykh grupp [Adaptive changes in glucocorticoid activity in elite athletes of different sex and age groups]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 9, pp. 49-52.
- Tambovtseva R.V., Nikulina I.A. Izmenenie gormonalnoy regulyatsii obmennykh protsessov u konkobezhtsev na raznykh etapakh trenirovochnogo tsikla [Changes in hormonal regulation of metabolic processed in speed skaters in different phases of training cycle]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2015, no. 5, pp. 52- 54.
- Tambovtseva R.V., Nikulina I.A. Osobennosti gormonalnoy regulyatsii energeticheskogo obmena u sportsmenov razlichnykh spetsializatsiy pri vypolnenii predelnoy raboty [Specifics of hormonal regulation of energy metabolism in athletes in various disciplines when training to failure]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 1, pp. 28-30.