Associate Professor, PhD M.M. Oreshkin
Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, Moscow
The article offers a new notion of the Olympic attitudes to sports and a rationale for the relevant attitudes of students to sports being cultivated in academic communities, with a special emphasis on the structure of such attitudes. Objective of the study was to spell out the meaning of the Olympic attitudes to sports dominating in university students. The students’ Olympic attitudes to sports imply the Olympic values, ideals, standards and behavioural models being accepted and reasonably structured. We conclude that the structure of the students’ Olympic attitudes to sports includes the following key elements: knowledge of the relevant humanistic and Olympic values; skills and abilities pivotal for the Olympic education and operational fitness for a variety of Olympic activities; appreciation of the Olympic ideals and initiatives; and the Olympic motivations and determined Olympic activities.
Keywords: sport, Olympism, Olympic values, Olympic attitudes to sports.
- Barinov S.Y. Innovatsionnaya sistema sportivnogo vospitaniya studentov: metod. posobie dlya prepodavateley [Innovative system of sports education of students. Teacher's guide]. Moscow: Universitetskaya kniga publ., 2009, 182 p.
- Stolyarov V.I. Olimpiyskoe obrazovanie i spartianskaya sistema vospitaniya [Olympic education and Spartan education system]. Sport, duhovnyie tsennosti, kultura. Vyip. shestoy. Sport i olimpizm v sovremennoy sisteme obrazovaniya: Sb. st. [Sport, spiritual values, culture. No. 6. Sport and Olympism in modern education system: Col. Art.]. Moscow: SpArt RSAPC publ., 1998, pp. 71–233.
- Stolyarov V.I. Sistema olimpiyskogo obrazovaniya, vospitaniya i obucheniya [Olympic education, training and instruction system]. Bishkek: Maksat publ., 2013, 457 p.
- Stolyarov V.I. Olimpiyskoe vospitanie: teoriya i praktika [Olympic education: theory and practice]. Moscow: Natsionalnoe obrazovanie publ., 2014, 416 p. (Library of Russian International Olympic University).
- Stolyarov V.I., Barinov S.Y., Oreshkin M.M. Olimpiyskoe vospitanie, obrazovanie i obuchenie studencheskoy molodezhi [Olympic education, training and instruction of students]. Moscow: Universitetskaya kniga publ., 2013, 342 p.