PhD G.G. Ulyaeva
Sterlitamak College of Physical Culture, Management, Service, Sterlitamak
Objective of the study was to experimentally rate benefits of the adapted mental conditioning system applied in the T-46 class athletes’ precompetitive training process. Subject to the study were 12 T-46 class athletes. Study group under the study was trained – in addition to the standard mental conditioning program – using the adapted mental conditioning method; and the Reference Group was trained as required by the standard calendar plan. Both groups of athletes diagnosed with musculoskeletal system disorders (MSSD) were put in the similar training conditions of the precompetitive training cycle. Training sessions were designed to take 45 min twice per week, with the training cycle including 36 education and training sessions in total. Having compared the opinion poll and progress test data of the both groups upon completion of the experiment, we rated the adapted mental conditioning system efficiency within the frame of the MSSD athletes’ training program in the precompetitive period and used the study data to profile their life quality variations.
Keywords: adaptive sports, mental conditioning, T-46 class athletes, mental control methodology, mental control, precompetitive period, life quality.
- Zhilenkova V.P. Adaptivnyiy sport dlya lits s porazheniem oporno-dvigatelnogo apparata: dis. kand. ped. nauk [Adaptive sports for people with musculoskeletal disorders. PhD diss.]. St. Petersburg, 2002, 233 p.
- Rodionova A.V., Rodionova V.A. Psihologiya fizicheskogo vospitaniya i sporta [Psychology of physical education and sports]. Moscow: Academia publ., 2016, 320 p.
- Ulyaeva L.G., Melnik E.V. Psihologo-pedagogicheskoe soprovozhdenie sportivnoy deyatelnosti v kontekste samorealizatsii lichnosti [Psychological and pedagogical support of sports activities in context of person's self-actualization]. Moscow: Markhotin P.Y. publ., 2014, 236 p.
- Ulyaeva G.G., Makhina S.V. Rol psihoregulyatsii v sisteme podgotovki sportsmenov s ogranichennyimi vozmozhnostyami [Role of psychoregulation in training of athletes with impairments]. Zhivaya psikhologiya: Biblio-globus publ., 2015, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 179-187.
- Ulyaeva L.G., Radnaguruev B.B., Ulyaeva G.G. Rol psihologicheskoy podderzhki v samorealizatsii lichnosti sportsmena [The Role of Psychological Support in Athlete’s Self-Actualization]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka, 2014, no. 6, pp. 14-17.