Associate Professor, PhD A.M. Guryanov1
Associate Professor, PhD L.V. Konovalova1
Associate Professor, PhD V.A. Kashirin1
1Ulyanovsk State University, Ulyanovsk
The study was based on a questionnaire survey of the young people’s attitudes to the kettlebell lifting sport in Russia. Subject to the survey were kettlebell lifters of the Ulyanovsk-based sport clubs, with the subjects being split up into age groups of 12-17 and 17 plus years.
The study data and analyses showed the following motivations for the kettlebell lifting sport dominating in the young people: physical conditioning; sport mastery and success related ambitions; and strength development and bodybuilding agenda. Respondents of both age groups reported the kettlebell lifting practices being of positive effects on their health and physical qualities and abilities. The systemic kettlebell lifting practices were reported to help improve the physical working capacity and, hence, the bodily functionality on the whole. It was concluded that the kettlebell lifting sport may be viewed as the indispensable component of a junior physical training system as the systemic kettlebell lifting practices help protect and improve the young people’s health.
Keywords: health, physical practices, kettlebell lifting sport, training, motivations, strength endurance, muscular system, strength, physical qualities.
- Lubysheva L.I. Sotsiologiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta: uchebnik dlya stud. uchrezhdeniy vyissh. obrazovaniya. 4-e izd., pererab. [Sociology of Physical Culture and Sports. Textbook for higher students. 4th ed., rev.]. Moscow: Academia publ., 2016, 272 p. (Ser. Bachelors Degree).
- Pavlov V.Y., Achkasov V.V., Kanakova L.P. Kompleksnoe primenenie sredstv vosstanovleniya v trenirovochnom protsesse kvalifitsirovannyih girevikov [Complex use of recovery means in training process of skilled kettlebell lifters]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta, 2009, no. 8, pp. 79–83.
- Simen' V.P., Drandrov G.L., Shcherbina D.V. Osobennosti razvitiya volevyih kachestv girevikov v protsesse trenirovochnoy deyatelnosti [Kettlebell lifters' volitional qualities building specifics in training process]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 11, pp. 77-78.
- Spataeva M.Kh., Zamchiy T.P. Volevaya podgotovlennost vyisokokvalifitsirovannyih girevikov [Volitional preparedness of highly skilled kettlebell lifters]. Aktualnyie problemyi teorii i metodiki girevogo sporta. Sb. nauch. statey [Actual problems of theory and methods of kettlebell lifting. Col. Sci. Articles]. Cheboksary: CHSPU publ., 2013, pp. 45-49.
- Petrov V.K. Silovyie uprazhneniya v ozdorovlenii lyudey raznogo vozrasta [Strength exercises in improving health of people of different age]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 1993, no. 9-10, pp. 7-8.