PhD I.V. Mosin1
Associate Professor, PhD M.N. Esaulov1
1National Research Nuclear University under Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Moscow
2Moscow City Pedagogical University, Moscow
Objective of the study was to improve the precompetitive training process of 800 m racers at the sport excellence stage and to find, among other things, the optimal pre-season training (PST) cycle time. We believe that the special training load profiling models applicable at the PCT stage of the 18-19 years-old 800 m racers will be duly customized to the adaptive capabilities of the junior athletes with consideration for the cumulative effects of the competitive periods. The PCT process design we offered was modified for the junior athletes so as to split it up into three biweekly meso-cycles with weekly rehabilitation micro-cycles finalized by special combined tests. The study found the PCT training workloads in the Study Group being well customized for the athletes’ competitive adaptation abilities to facilitate their successful competitive performance in a series of events with stable competitive progress being assured. The Reference Group workloads were found inadequate to secure good competitive performance and, therefore, the desired competitive success rates were not achieved.
Keywords: high targeted loads, cumulative effect, climax competitions, training meso-cycle,
- Mosin I.V. Sredneviki – material khrupkiy [Middle-distance runner - fragile material]. Sport. zhizn Rossii. 2004, no. 4, pp 2-3.
- Mosin I.V., Mosina I.N., Morozov N.A. Razvitie vynoslivosti u studentov na zanyatiyakh po legkoy atletike. Ucheb.-metod. posobie [Students' endurance development at athletics lessons]. Moscow: Neft i gaz, 2005, 64 p.
- Mosin I.V. Osobennosti spetsialnoy podgotovki k glavnym sorevnovaniyam begunov na 800 m v vozraste 18-19 let [Features of special training for major competitions of 800 m runners at the age of 18-19 years]. Mater. VIII mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. "Chelovek, zdorovye, fizicheskaya kultura i sport v izmenyayushchemsya mire" [Proc. VIII Intern. scie.-pract. conf. "Man, health, physical culture and sport in a changing world"]. KPI publ. Kolomna, 2003, pp. 207-208.
- Mosin I.V., Mosina I.N. Psikhologicheskaya podgotovka begunov na 800 m v vozraste 18-19 let na predsorevnovatelnom etape [Psychological training of 800 m runners aged 18-19 years in pre-season]. Mat. III Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. neftegaz. vuzov, posvyashch. 75-y godovshchine Ros. un-ta nefti i gaza im. I.M. Gubkina "Problemy sovershenstvovaniya fizicheskoy kultury studentov", i XI Mosk. mezhvuz. nauch.-metod. konf. [Proc. III All-Rus. res.-pract. conf. of oil and gas universities, dedicated to the 75th anniversary of Gubkin RSUOG "Problems of enhancement of physical education of students" and XI Moscow Intercollege res.-method. conf.]. Gubkin RSUOG publ.. Moscow, 2005, pp. 84-86.
- Issurin V.B., Shklyar V. Kontseptsiya blokovoy kompozitsii v podgotovke sportsmenov vysokogo klassa [Block composition concept in training of highly-skilled athletes]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2000, no. 5, pp. 28-30.
- Sovremennaya sistema podgotovki [Modern training system]. Moscow: SAAS publ., 1995, 448 p.