Junior athletes' gender culture development concepts applicable in advanced education system
Professor, Dr.Hab. A.A. Suchilin1
Associate professor, PhD I.A. Stolyarchuk2
Professor, Dr.Hab. L.I. Stolyarchuk2
1Volgograd State Academy of Physical Culture, Volgograd
2Volgograd State Socio-Pedagogical University, Volgograd
Objective of the study was to provide theoretical grounds for the general and specific concepts for the adolescent athletes’ gender culture formation. Subject to the study were junior athletes from a few CYSC and CYORSS of Volgograd city and from the Volgograd Sport Reserve College. The study gave us the means to develop and substantiate the sport education concepts to develop due gender culture in the junior athletes’ education, development and training process within the relevant narrow specialization and individualization components in the uninterrupted training process of the advanced education system. Gender culture is interpreted as designed to foster the following qualities: critical/ analytical attitudes to the traditional gender stereotypes as to the girls’ and boys’ sports; deep respect to the vocational sport; individual developmental and self-assertion agenda irrespective of the gender; and egalitarian behavioural models in the adolescents. The gender-sensitive approaches in the training process give the means to the CYSS coaches to master new conceptual models and provide sound grounds for the world-outlook-based gender-sensitive physical education systems to meet requirements of modern sport.
Keywords: gender culture, concepts, junior athletes, advanced education system.
- Borytko N.M. Sistema professional'nogo vospitaniya v vuze: ucheb.-metod. posobie (University vocational training system: teaching aid) / N.M. Borytko. – Moscow: APKiPRO, 2005. – 120 p.
- Vorozhbitova A.L. Gender v sportivnoy deyatel'nosti: ucheb. posobie (Gender in sport: study guide) / A.L. Vorozhbitova. – Moscow: FLINTA: Nauka, 2010. – 216 p. 4.
- Lubysheva L.I. Zhenshchina i sport: sotsial'ny aspekt (Woman and sport: social aspect) / L.I. Lubysheva // Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. – 2000. – # 6. – P. 13-16.
- Matveyev L.P. Osnovy sportivnoy trenirovki (Fundamentals of sport training) / L.P. Matveyev. – Moscow: Fizkul'tura i sport. 1977. – 270 p.
- Platonov V.N. Obshchaya teoriya podgotovki sportsmenov v olimpiyskom sporte (General theory of Olympic athletes' training) / V.N. Platonov.– Kiev: Olimpiyskaya literatura. – P. 199–204.
- Suchilin A.A. Transformatsiya idealov i gendernykh otnosheniy v olimpiyskom dvizhenii (Transformation of ideals and gender relations in Olympic movement) / A.A. Suchilin, L.I. Stolyarchuk // Pedagogiko-psikhologicheskie i mediko-biologicheskie problemy fizicheskoy kul'tury i sporta. Ser. «Pedagogicheskie nauki» (Pedagogical-psychological and biomedical problems of physical culture and sports. Ser. "Jurisprudence"). – 2016. – # 1 (38). – P. 220–230.
- Shchurkova N.E. Vospitanie kak pedagogicheskoe yavlenie. Obshchie zakonomernosti i printsipy vospitaniya (Education as pedagogical phenomenon. General regularities and principles of training) / N.E. Shchurova // Pedagogics: study guide for students of ped. universities and ped. colleges / Ed. by P.I. Pidkasisty. – Moscow, 1996. – P.382-383.