Professor, PhD N.Yu. Mel'nikova
Postgraduate N.A. Noskov
Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sport, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
The article reports the progress of the Olympic Committee of Russia in the mass sport development domain and considers the public sport promotion programs designed for all social strata regardless of the people's age and social status. Objective of the study was to provide a theoretical basis for the mass sport encouragement and the Olympic movement popularizing Program “Olympic Country” supported by the Olympic Committee of Russia. The Program was designed in compliance with the relevant Olympic Charter provisions within the frame of the “Sport for All” international movement. Initiatives to encourage a club movement in the country are rated among the top priorities of the Program that is generally designed to engage every age/ social group of the national population other than the “sport reserve” groups and qualified athletes’ groups to join the Program. Generally, the initiatives are geared to support the mass sport enthusiasts and facilitate broader public involvement in sports with the sporting culture and ideas being put in focus of the general public attention with persistent support from the Olympic Committee of Russia in the Olympic values and healthy lifestyles advancement within the frame of the “Sport for All” international movement on the whole and the Olympic movement popularizing Program “Olympic Country” supported by the Olympic Committee of Russia in particular.
Keywords: Olympic Charter, "Olympic Country", public sports, "Sport for All".
- Grazhdane Evropeyskogo Soyuza i sport. (Citizens of the European Union and Sports). - Brussels: Eurobarometer, 2008.
- Massovy sport v sovremennoy Rossii: sotsial'nye faktory vosproizvodstva i razvitiya (Public sports in modern Russia: social factors of reproduction and development) / P.K. Kuznetsov. – St. Petersburg, 2010. – 254 p.
- Pedagogicheskaya sistema upravleniya razvitiem sporta dlya vsekh (Educational system of management of development of sports for all) / S.N. Litvinenko. – Nalchik, 2008. – 358 p.
- Sport i fizicheskaya aktivnost'. (Sport and physical activity). - Brussels: European Commission. Eurobarometer, 2014.
- Doklad o razvitii massovogo sporta i fizicheskogo vospitaniya naseleniya. Moskva-2014 (Report on development of public sports and physical education of the population. Moscow 2014). http://fizvosp.ru/assets/media/4d/ca/1458.pdf.
- Programma Olimpiyskogo komiteta Rossii sodeystviya razvitiyu massovogo sporta «SPORT DLYA VSEKH» ("Sport for All" - Russian Olympic Committee program to promote the development of public sports. Moscow 2014). – http://www.olympic.ru/sport-for-all/official-documents/program-concept/