Applicant V.V. Yashkov
Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sport, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
The study concerns the need for further study and theoretical and methodological substantiation of the ways to improve the dual training method in combat sports.
In response to this problem, it is suggested considering the CrossFit system as an updated version of the traditional circuit training.
The article presents a comparative analysis and methodical characteristics of circuit and CrossFit training, explains their pros and cons, as well as justifies the possibility of using the CrossFit technology to update the circuit training process in combat sports.
It is stated that the CrossFit methods introduced into combatants' training can significantly improve the quality and efficiency of pre-contest training in combat sports.
Keywords: circuit training, CrossFit, combat sports, athletic training, dual training method, training of motor abilities of combatants.
- Gurevich I.A. Krugovaya trenirovka pri razvitii fizicheskikh kachestv (Circuit Training in development of physical qualities) / I.A. Gurevich. – Minsk: Vysshaya shkola, 1985. – 255 p.
- Pavlov N.V. Postroenie tsentralizovannoy podgotovki bokserov-yunoshey: dis. … kand. ped. nauk (Centralized training process programming in youth boxing: PhD thesis) / N.V. Pavlov. – Moscow, 2014.
- Sholikh M. Krugovaya trenirovka (Circuit Training) / Transl. from German / M. Sholikh. – Moscow: Fizkul'tura i sport, 1966. – 174 p.
- Castro D. Crossfit Programming Parts 1-6 [Electronic resource] – CrossFit Journal – Electronic data. – 2009 – Available at: http://journal.crossfit.com/basics/?page=4 – Title from the screen.
- Glassman G. CrossFit Training Guide Level 1 [Electronic resource] / CrossFit Journal – Electronic data. – 2010 – Available at: http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/05/crossfit-level-1-training-guide.tpl - Title from the screen.
- Glassman G. The Purpose of CrossFit: Parts 1-2 [Electronic resource] / CrossFit Journal – Electronic data. – 2011 – Available at: http://journal.crossfit.com/basics/?page=2 – Title from the screen.