Correlations between certain environmental factors with motor abilities of primary pupils
Ph.D., associate professor A.P. Babchenko1
Ph.D., associate professor L.N. Koval'1
1Institute of service, tourism and design (branch) of North Caucasus Federal University (SKFU) in Pyatigorsk, Pyatigorsk
2Pyatigorsk Medical Pharmaceutical Institute (branch) of Volgograd State Medical University of the Russian Health Ministry, Pyatigorsk
Physical culture as a complex human activity operates in different social conditions, and environmental conditions are no doubt among the most crucial factors affecting it. Socio-economic, socio-psychological, ecological factors of the environmental are of a remarkable influence on the level of general development of physical culture. The main purpose of this critical study was to analyze the correlations between motor abilities of 6-graders, and some of the factors in their environment, as well as determine the impact of these factors on the level of development of their motor abilities. The objectives were attained using the following research methods: literature analysis and synthesis, survey (questionnaire), testing and mathematical methods of statistics. 94 6th-graders of secondary school were involved in the study. The canonical-correlation analysis failed to reveal any statistically significant association, while the regression analysis showed a significant effect of only one environmental factor (the number of children in a family) on the motor ability (accuracy) of the foot. These results indicate that motor abilities are influenced by other factors but not the environment.
Keywords: environmental factors, motor skills, pupils.
- Volosnikova, T.A. Formirovanie zdorov'ya rebenka sredstvami fizicheskoy kul'tury v usloviyakh doshkol'nogo uchrezhdeniya: dis. … kand. ped. nauk (Formation of child's health by means of physical culture in preschool institutions: Ph.D. thesis) / T.A. Volosnikova. – St. Petersburg, 1999. – 17 P.
- Voloshina, L.N. Igry s elementami sporta v sisteme fizicheskogo vospitaniya doshkol'nikov: monografiya (Games with sports elements in physical education of preschool children: monograph) / L.N. Voloshina. – Ekaterinburg: avtograf, 2004. – P. 33–35.
- Runova, M.A. Dvigatel'naya aktivnost' rebenka v detskom sadu (Motor activity of children in kindergarten) / M.A. Runova. – Moscow: Sintez, 2000. – P. 61–62.
- Booth, M.L., Okely, T., McLellan, L., Phongsavan, P., Macaskill, P., Patterson, J. Wright, J., & Holland, B. Mastery of fundamental motor skills among New South Wales school students: Prevalence and sociodemographic distribution. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2007. N 2 (2). P. 93–105.
- Janz, K.F., Dawson, J.D., & Mahoney, L.T. Tracking physical fitness and physical activity from childhood to adolescence: the Muscatine study. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2014. pp. 1250–1257.