Organizational-Legal Support of Activity of Sports Clubs of Educational Establishments
S.S. Filippov, professor, Dr.Hab.
National State University of Physical Culture, Sport and Health named after P.F. Lesgaft, St. Petersburg
O.E. Piskun, associate professor, Ph.D.
St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg
Key words: educational establishments, organizational and legal support, sports clubs, regulatory documents, content of activity, association of students’ sports clubs.
Relevance. In the development of modern society a central place is occupied by the problem of formation of healthy younger generation, of young students, training them for a full value independent life. In this regard, the tasks of enhancement of the educational system, formation of a healthy lifestyle of young students are treated more acutely. Among various reasons of the ineffective organization of physical education and the development of mass sport in educational institutions experts note the lack of proper organization of work regarding mass sports. Therefore, searching and scientifically justifying the most appropriate ways of formation of students' motor activity, the right attitude to their health are critical issues in this area. It should be noted that scholars pay much attention to the study of the identified problems.
The purpose of the study was to identify the main legal documents regulating sports activity in sports clubs in educational establishments.
Results and discussion. Sociopedagogical practice in the areas of education and physical culture, analysis of specialized literature [1-7] show that joint activities with peers, school teachers, parents, university professors, coaches, etc. contribute most to students’ integration into physical culture and sport activities, their introduction into the values of physical culture and sport.
Adoption of relevant legal and regulatory documents at all levels of government in the country and creation of institutional environment also contribute to formation of healthy lifestyle of students. First of all, we are talking about federal laws on physical culture and sport, education, public associations and other documents [8-12]. Particularly, in the “Strategy of Development of Physical Culture and Sport till 2020”  modernization of physical education in educational establishments is among the major challenges to be resolved.
The optimal conditions for such activities are found within public associations and organizations specializing in physical culture and sport . We believe, sports club is one of possible types of such organizations. The reality of today clearly demonstrates that it is a system of different clubs that is the most common form of organizing leisure time of different categories of population and various kinds of leisure activities of students.
The widespread establishment of such an effective form of uniting children and youth as clubs is reflected in the “Strategy of Development of Physical Culture and Sport till 2020” . The document stipulates that the share of organizations that have sports clubs should reach 45% during the second phase of implementation of strategic targets (2016 - 2020).
Success of sports clubs of educational establishments in no small measure depends on their legal support. For today it can be argued that a certain system of legal documents has been set in this area. First of all, we are talking about the Federal Law "On Physical Culture and Sport in the Russian Federation" dated December 4, 2007 № 329-FL .
This document provides, for example, a definition of university sport, that is understood as part of sport aimed at physical education and physical training of students in secondary and higher educational establishments, training them to participate and their participation in physical culture and sports activities, including official physical culture and sports events.
The noted law further states that in order to engage students in physical culture and sports activities, to develop and promote school sport and university sport, educational establishments of primary general, basic general, secondary (complete) general education, secondary and higher vocational education can set up school sports clubs and students’ sports clubs (including those in the form of public associations) that are not corporate bodies. Activity of such sports clubs is carried out according to the regulations established by federal executive bodies authorized by the Government of the Russian Federation and allowed for by statutes of respective educational establishments.
Another document important for the organizations in question – the Federal Law of the Russian Federation "On Education in the Russian Federation" dated December 29, 2012 № 273-FL  - fixes the structure of an educational establishment, indicates that educational establishments are independent in forming their structure unless otherwise stipulated by federal laws. An educational establishment may have various units in its structure that ensure carrying out educational activity based on the level, type and orientation of ongoing educational programs, mode of study and stay of students. The list of structural units of educational establishments includes sports clubs.
In accordance with the law on education the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation issued an order  establishing the Operating procedure of school and students’ sports clubs. This document defines the rules of carrying out activities of school and students’ sports clubs, including those in the form of public associations, which are not legal persons and are set up by educational establishments.
The mentioned document stipulates the main objectives of sports clubs activities being as follows:
• engagement of students in systematic physical culture and sports activities, formation of their motivation and sustained interest in health promotion;
• organization of physical culture and sports activities with students;
• participation in sports competitions of various levels among educational establishments;
• development of volunteerism in the sphere of healthy lifestyle promotion;
• assisting students, members of sports national teams of educational establishments in creating necessary conditions for effective organization of educational and training processes;
• organizing sports activities with students with health deviations and disabilities.
In order to fulfill the main objectives students’ sports clubs carry out the following:
- propaganda in educational establishments implementing educational programs of secondary and higher vocational education, basic ideas of physical culture, sport and healthy lifestyle among students and teaching staff of the noted educational establishments;
- training physical, moral and volitional qualities, improving health of students, increase of professional readiness, social activism of students and teaching staff of educational establishments by means of physical culture and sport;
- organization and carrying out of sports, physical culture and recreational activities in educational establishments, including intrainstitutional sports days and competitions in various sports;
- participation in sports competitions at various levels, including those organized and carried out by student sports leagues;
- conducting work on physical rehabilitation of students with health deviations and disabilities to ensure their participation and conduct of mass physical culture and sports events;
- formation of student sport teams in various sports to participate in competitions at various levels;
- ensuring promotion of students that have achieved high performance in physical culture and sports events;
- informing students about ongoing sports, physical culture and recreational activities in educational establishments;
- support of the volunteer movement promoting healthy lifestyle and student self-administration in educational establishments;
- creation of conditions for involvement of students in physical culture and sports;
- organization of winter and summer sports and recreational camps operations;
- organization of interaction with accredited sports federations on the development of student sports;
- organization of active informing of students and teaching staff about events, competitions and programs of students’ sports club;
- preparation of proposals for appointment of state academic scholarship to students that is larger in size as compared to the standards set by the Government of the Russian Federation, for outstanding achievements in sports activities;
- organization of cooperation with the Department of Physical Education in educational establishments with sports-centered public associations.
An important organizational aspect is that a sports club forms its structure depending on wishes of students and its teaching staff as well as that of the educational establishment it belongs to. Its forms of operation, methods and tools are chosen by a sports club in accordance with the specifics of the main directions of its activity. The main forms of activity of sports clubs include training sessions in sections, groups and teams that are completed in view of sex, age, fitness level and that of sports and technical training, as well as health status of students.
A sports club may have its own name, logo, awarding attributes and sports uniform.
It should be emphasized that in order to develop activities of sports clubs in educational establishments there should be created conditions necessary for their operation.
Creation of Association of students’ sports clubs of Russia (ASSC of Russia) was a significant stage in the development of the club movement in our country. On January 24, 2013 Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting with representatives of students’ sports clubs supported their initiative to establish the Association .
On June 26, 2013 students held a founding Congress of ASSC of Russia at the 1st Moscow State Medical University named after I.M. Sechenov. Active students from all over Russia were invited to the Congress. On September 2, 2013 the documents were submitted to the Ministry of Justice, and on September 17, 2013 ASSC of Russia officially became an All-Russian youth public organization dedicated to develop mass university sport .
The main task of the association is development of mass student sport, organization of competitions and events aimed at promoting youth sport and healthy lifestyle.
In February 2014 the First Club Tournament of ASSC of Russia dedicated to the Defender of the Motherland Day was held in the city of Yaroslavl. An event of such scale was organized by the Association for the first time, but the start turned out to be great: the Tournament was attended by 24 student teams from the Central and North-Western Federal districts (about 200 people from 10 cities of Russia).
Conclusion. According to the analysis of modern legal documents, for the first time in our country at the state level much attention is being paid to the club movement in the sphere of physical culture and sport. The regulation of various relationships in the sports activity in sports clubs in educational institutions is sufficiently ensured by legal documents. On the one hand, this activity has a specific legal framework within which sports activity and its management are implemented, on the other - legal document provide a wide range of independent creative work for pupils, athletes, organizers and trainers of sports clubs. The federal organizational structure was established which ensures the activity of students’ sports clubs.
- Isaev, A.A. Olympic athletes among us, or Science to win always and everywhere / A.A. Isaev. – 2nd ed., rev. and sup. – Moscow: Fizkultura i sport, 1998 – 240 P. (In Russian)
- Kiselev, A.I. The experience of creating a modern structure of management of physical culture and sport in a higher school / A.I. Kiselev, V.M. Bogdanov // Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury. – 1998. – № 4. – P. 55–58. (In Russian)
- Lubysheva, L.I. School sports culture / L.I. Lubysheva. – Moscow: Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury i sporta, 2006. – 174 P. (In Russian)
- Makhov, A.S. Formation of personal physical culture of rural adolescents in school sports club activities: abstract of Ph.D. thesis / A.S. Makhov. – St. Petersburg, 2005. – 18 P. (In Russian)
- Decree of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, September 13 2013 № 1065. (In Russian)
- RF Government Decree № 1101- r dated 07.08.2009 on "Strategies for the development of physical culture and sport till 2020". (In Russian)
- Stolyarov, V.I. Ways to improve the humanistic values of children's sport / V.I. Stolyarov // Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. – 2007. – № 4. – P. 10–36. (In Russian)
- Stolyarov, V.I. Spartian educational technology of the integrative approach to organization of physical education and sports activities in school / V.I. Stolyarov // Modernization of physical education in secondary school. – Moscow: Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury i sporta, 2009. – P. 126–182. (In Russian)
- Federal Law "On Physical Culture and Sport in the Russian Federation" dated December 4 2007 № 329-FL. (In Russian)
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation "On Education in the Russian Federation" December 29 2012 № 273-FL. (In Russian)
- Federal Law "On Public Associations" May 19 1995 № 82-FL. (In Russian)
- Filippov, S.S. School sports club: the stage of formation / S.S. Filippov, T.N. Karamysheva. – Moscow: Sovetsky sport, 2012. (In Russian)
- www.minsport.gov.ru/press-centre/news (In Russian)
- http://studsportclubs.ru/index.php/o-nas/istoriya/ (In Russian)
Corresponding author: email@example.com