Artistic gymnastics choreographic excellence model with musical illustrations for beam routine
PhD, Associate Professor E.S. Kolesnikova
Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow Abstract
Objective of the study was to theoretically substantiate benefits of the artistic gymnastics choreographic excellence model with musical illustrations for beam routines.
Results and conclusion. We recommend, based on the available research data and our own practical experience, balance beam routine excellence model with a special priority to artistry and choreographic performance. The choreographic excellence model includes a set of relatively easy beam exercises to improve the movement style in harmony with the musical illustration within a 90-second timeframe; effectively vary the routine execution pace as dictated by music in every training session; and secure fast progress by the difficulty-stepping skills-excelling choreographic tasks that offer elementary acrobatic/ gymnastic elements complemented by prudently sequenced elements from the difficulty table.
Keywords: women’s artistic gymnastics, artistry,choreography, beam theoretical and practical training, musical illustration.
- Borisenko S.I. Povyshenie ispolnitelskogo masterstva gimnastok na osnove sovershenstvovaniya horeograficheskoy podgotovki [Choreographic training excelling to build performance skills in gymnasts]. PhD diss.. St. Petersburg, 2000. 215 p.
- Borisenko S.I., Koroleva M.V. Khoreograficheskaya podgotovlennost finalistok v uprazhneniyakh na brevne na chempionate mira po sportivnoy gimnastike v Shtutgarte [Choreographic skills of finalists in beam exercises at World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Stuttgart]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2020. No. 2 (180). pp. 46–50.
- Pravila sorevnovaniy FIG 2017-2020 g. Zhenskaya sportivnaya gimnastika [FIG Competition Rules 2017-2020. Women's Artistic Gymnastics.]. Available at: http://sportgymrus.ru/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/zhenskie-pravila-2017-2... (date of access: 21.10.2021).
- Terekhina R.N., Borisenko S.I. Analiz rezultatov sportsmenok na Igrakh XXXI Olimpiady v zhenskoy sportivnoy gimnastike [Analysis of performance at XXXI Olympic Games in women's artistic gymnastics]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2017. No. 3 (145). pp. 217–220.
- Terekhina R.N., Wiener I.A., Turishcheva L.I., Plekhanova M.E. Esteticheskie pokazateli ispolnitelskogo masterstva v gimnasticheskikh vidakh sporta [Aesthetic indicators of execution in gymnastic sports]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2008. No. 11 (45). pp. 98–101.