Self-reliant training model for beginner female students in physical education and sports discipline
PhD, Associate Professor O.V. Mironova1, 2
PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Sharonova3
PhD, Associate Professor I.I. Kiprushina4
1Russian Customs Academy, St. Petersburg
2Saint Petersburg State University, Saint Petersburg
3Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St. Petersburg
4Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to test benefits of a self-reliant training model for the first-year female students in Physical Education and Sports discipline.
Methods and structure of the study. We sampled for the physical and functional fitness tests the beginner female students from V.B. Bobkov Saint Petersburg branch of the Russian Customs Academy, St. Petersburg State University, Russian State Hydrometeorological University and Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia. The physical fitness / functional fitness progress of the sample in 2018 through 2020 was tested by anthropometrics; Harvard step test; Romberg test; Stange-Gench Breath-Holding Test and standard motor skills tests.
Results and conclusion. The self-reliant training model testing experiment showed benefits of the new model with wellness practices making a special emphasis on the progress mindsets. The girls were enthusiastic in the physical education practices showing a special interest in the extracurricular physical education elements of individual appeal and motivations for self-reliant physical/ health practices.
Keywords: first-year female students, physical education, health, wellness fitness technologies.
- Bolotin A.E., Tokareva A.V. Organizatsionno-pedagogicheskie usloviya, neobkhodimye dlya effektivnogo formirovaniya lichnostnykh kachestv u spetsialistov po zashchite v chrezvychaynykh situatsiyakh na etape adaptatsii k professionalnoy deyatelnosti v vuze [Organizational-educational conditions necessary for effective building of personal qualities in specialists in protection in emergency situations at stage of adaptation to professional academic performance]. Zdorovye – osnova chelovecheskogo potentsiala: problemy i puti ikh resheniya. 2013. V. 8. No. 1. pp. 166-167.
- Grigorev V.I., Mironova O.V., Tokareva A.V. et al. Dykhatelnye gimnastiki na zanyatiyakh fizicheskoy kulturoy so studentami spetsialnoy meditsinskoy gruppy [Respiratory gymnastics in physical education classes with special health group students]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2016. No. 2 (132). pp. 67-71.
- Mironova O.V., Mironova O.V., O.V. Pristav et al. Model postroeniya programmy zanyatiy po fizicheskoy kulture so studentami spetsialnoy meditsinskoy gruppy na osnove dykhatelnoy gimnastiki BODYFLEX [Model of design of physical education training program for special health group students based on BODYFLEX breathing exercises]. International journal «Put nauki». 2015. No. 2 (12). pp. 117-120.
- Tokareva A.V. Fitnes-yoga na zanyatiyakh po fizicheskoy kulture so studentami spetsialnoy meditsinskoy gruppy [Fitness yoga at physical education classes with special health group students]. Sotsialno-pedagogicheskie aspekty fizicheskogo vospitaniya molodezhi [Socio-pedagogical aspects of physical education of young people]. Proc. III International research-practical conference. 2015. pp. 233-236.
- Sharonova A.V., Lesheva N.S., Krivoshchekov V.G. Ispolzovanie yogi v tselenapravlennoy vestibulyarnoy trenirovke studentok stroitelnogo fakulteta na zanyatiyakh po distsipline «Elektivnye kursy po fizicheskoy kulture i sportu» [Yoga in targeted vestibular training of Civil Engineering Faculty female students at classes in Elective courses in physical education and sports]. Fizicheskaya kultura v sisteme professionalnogo obrazovaniya: idei, tekhnologii i perspektivy [Physical education in professional education system: ideas, technologies and prospects]. Proc. IV national research-practical conference. 2019. pp. 31-35.
- Yarchikovskaya L.V., Tokareva A.V., Mironova O.V. Vklyuchenie sovremennykh fitnes-tekhnologiy v akademicheskie zanyatiya po fizicheskoy kulture [Inclusion of modern fitness technologies in academic physical education classes]. Fizicheskaya kultura i sport v sisteme obrazovaniya Rossii: innovatsii i perspektivy razvitiya [Physical education and sports in Russian education system: innovations and development prospects]. Proc. national research-practical conference. St. Petersburg: Zolotoe sechenie publ., 2015. pp. 189-192.
- Yarchikovskaya L.V., Koval T.E., Lukina S.M., Ustinova O.N Mesto dykhatelnykh uprazhneniy v kombinirovannykh ozdorovitelnykh programmakh [Role of breathing exercises in combined health programs]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 10, pp. 35-37.