Local physical education and sports history: classification issues (case study of Yelets)
PhD, Associate Professor A.A. Shakhov1
PhD, Associate Professor V.V. Semyannikova1
1Bunin Yelets State University, Yelets
Objective of the study was to offer a local historical heritage classifier for physical education and sports chronicles
Methods and structure of the study. We analyzed, for the purposes of the study, the relevant databases and summarized our long-term practical pedagogical experience with analyses of the local physical education and sports history, museum collections and archives in Yelets.
Results and conclusion. Based on the multiannual practical research and experience, we offered a local physical education and sports historical heritage classifier for Yelets and region. This classifier is overviewed in monograph "Yelets regional physical education and sports historical heritage (XIX-XXI centuries)" which publication is timed to the 875th anniversary (September 2021) of Yelets founding. The classifier gives the local physical education and sports chronicles in the context of the political and governmental systems with detailed analyses of every aspect of the physical education and sports history. We recommend every Russian region and local community appreciating the local historical heritage by studies of the population flows, foundation dates, progress records, overall historical contexts, territorial divisions and the physical education and sports traditions and accomplishments, to produce the local physical education and sports historical heritage classifiers in every critical location of the country.
Keywords: local physical education and sports history, Yelets, historical data classification.
- Gerasimova E.N., Shakhov A.A. Pervy rossiyskiy medalist olimpiyskikh igr – A.P. Petrov [A.P. Petrov - the First Russian medalist of Olympic Games]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2019. No.4 (170). pp. 73-76.
- Sunik A. Ocherki otechestvennoy istoriografii istorii fizicheskoy kultury i sporta [Essays on national historiography of history of physical education and sports]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2010. 616 p.
- Shakhov A.A. Sambo i dzyudo v Lipetskoy oblasti: zarozhdenie, stanovlenie, perspektivy razvitiya [Sambo and judo in Lipetsk region: origin, formation, development prospects]. Yelets: Yelets State Ivan Bunin University publ., 2012. 604 p.
- Shahov A.A. Istoriya rysistogo sporta i konnozavodstva Eletskogo uezda (seredina XIX – nachalo XX vv.) [History of trotting sports and horse breeding in Yelets district (mid-19th - early 20th centuries)]. Yelets: Yelets State Ivan Bunin University publ., 2015. 153 p.: il.
- Shakhov A.A. et al. Proekt – «Sportsmeny – chempiony, voiny – pobediteli!»: ideyno-soderzhatelnaya osnova, razrabotka, masshtabirovanie [Project - "Athletes - champions, warriors - winners!": Ideological and substantive basis, development, scaling]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P. F. Lesgafta. 2020. No.10 (188). pp. 435-438.
- Shiryaev Y.V., Nevstruev A.A. Istoriya girevogo sporta Lipetskoy oblasti i goroda Eltsa [History of kettlebell lifting in Lipetsk region and Yelets]. Yelets: Yelets State Ivan Bunin University publ., 2008. 82 p.