Academician of the Russian Academy of Education, Dr.Hab., Professor S.D. Neverkovich1
Dr.Hab., Professor V.P. Guba1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2Autonomous non-profit physical culture and sports organization "BE A CHAMPION", Moscow
Objective of the study was to substantiate the effectiveness of integrated testing of gifted children and their selection for specific sports sections conducted within the framework of the project "BE A CHAMPION".
Results and conclusions. Traditionally, the system of complex testing includes pedagogical, biomechanical, biomedical, and psychological monitoring, but as a rule, not in full but within a selective system. The innovative project "BE A CHAMPION" brings all the above testing methods together, and also uses modern certified equipment to determine the functional status of children and their propensity to certain types of physical activity.
The innovative platform "BE A CHAMPION" covers 8 subjects of the Russian Federation: the Kaliningrad, Rostov, Moscow, Samara, and Omsk Regions, Krasnodar and Primorsk Territories, St. Petersburg. A total of 19,967 children aged 6-12 years had been subjected to the complex tests by September 1, 2020.
The project is deemed perspective not only due to the high efficiency and variety of the selected research methods but also due to the age coverage in the sample population, as well as the gradual extension of the boundaries of the innovative platform "BE A CHAMPION" towards modern and otherwise sports technologies.
Keywords: sports selection, children, complex testing, physical qualities, functional capabilities, anthropometric study, biomedical measurements.
- Guba V.P. Vozrastnye osnovy formirovaniya sportivnykh umeniy u detey v svyazi s nachalnoy orientatsiey v razlichnye vidy sporta [Developmental bases for building sport skills in children in connection with initial orientation in various sports]. Doct. Diss. Abstract. (Hab). Moscow, 1997. 50 p.
- Guba V.P. Osnovy sportivnoy podgotovki: metody otsenki i prognozirovaniya (morfobiomekhanicheskiy podkhod) [Fundamentals of sport training: methods of assessment and prediction (morphological and biomechanical approach]. Guidance. M.: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2012. 384 p.
- Guba V.P., Popov G.I., Presnyakov V.V., Leontyeva M.S. Pedagogicheskie izmereniya v sporte: metody, analiz i obrabotka rezultatov [Pedagogical measurements in sports: methods, analysis and processing of results]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 2020. 352 p.
- Guba V.P., Chernova V.N. Sportivnaya morfologiya [Sports morphology]. Textbook. Moscow: Sport publ., 2020. 324 p.
- Guba V.P. Teoriya i praktika sportivnogo otbora i ranney orientatsii v vidy sporta [Theory and practice of sports selection and early orientation in sports]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2008. 304 p.
- Dveyrina O.A., Bakulev S.E., Kuramshin Yu.F. et al. Analiz pedagogicheskogo (sportivnogo) testirovaniya: klassifikatsiya vidov sporta, trebovaniya k fizicheskim kachestvam, «batereya» testov [Analysis of pedagogical (sports) testing: classification of sports, requirements for physical qualities, tests]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. St. Petersburg, 2019. No. 12 (178). pp. 82–89.
- Dorokhov R.N., Guba V.P. Sportivnaya morfologiya [Sports morphology]. Textbook. Moscow: SportAkademPress publ., 2002. 236 p.
- Lyakh V.I. Testy v fizicheskom vospitanii shkolnikov [Tests in school physical education]. Teacher’s guide. Moscow: AST publ., 1998. 272 p.
- Nazarov A.V., Lezov D.V., Danilov V.V. et al. Algoritm kompleksnogo informatsionnogo obespecheniya i optimizatsii sistemy testirovaniya pri vybore individom izbrannogo vida sporta [Optimal test algorithm to help identify most promising sport discipline]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2019. No. 5. pp. 31-34.