Dr.Hab., Associate Professor N.G. Zakrevskaya1
PhD, Associate Professor G.A. Androsova1
PhD, Associate Professor E.Ya. Mikhaylova1
1Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport and Health, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to monitor the labor market demand for physical education and sports specialists.
Methods and structure of the study. The study included the analysis of the data on employability of university graduates; study of the career plans of sports university graduates on the basis of a sociological survey; determination of the opportunities to improve the indicators of field-specific employability of sports university graduates.
Results of the study and conclusions. The study of the employability indicators enabled to identify the reasons for the low coverage of graduates in the relevant jobs and the need to supplement the official information base with the sociological research tools. The authors conducted a questionnaire survey of the graduates of Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport and Health aimed to assess their level of readiness for professional activities in the field of physical education and sports, which helped identify the main areas for increasing the labor market demand for graduates and meeting the industry’s need for professional staff. The inter-industry outflow of graduates can be compensated by means of additional vocational programs, including professional retraining of former qualified athletes who completed a degree in other fields of knowledge. As a result, it becomes possible to meet the needs of the industry with highly motivated professionals possessing not only specialized knowledge but also certain values, principles, and beliefs.
Keywords: physical education and sports, employment of graduates, labor market demand for physical education and sports specialists, professional mobility.
- Informatsionno-analiticheskie materialy po rezultatam provedeniya monitoringa effektivnosti deyatelnosti obrazovatelnykh organizatsiy vysshego professionalnogo obrazovaniya [Information and analytical materials on the results of monitoring of effectiveness of educational institutions of higher education]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://indicators.miccedu.ru/monitoring%20/2018/_vpo/inst.php?id=1755 (date of access: 06.02.2020).
- Mihaylova E.Ya. Osnovnye napravleniya professionalnoy mobilnosti v oblasti fizicheskoy kultury i sporta [Key directions of professional mobility in physical education and sport sector]. SPORT kompleks. 2018. No.3 (11). pp. 27-32.
- Mihaylova E.Ya., Utisheva E.V., Zakrevskaya N.G. Aktualizatsiya sotsialnykh predstavleniy o statuse professiy v otrasli fizicheskoy kultury i sporta: stratifikatsionny podkhod [Social conceptions of physical education and sport professions: stratification approach]. Теория и практика физ. культуры. 2019. No. 7. pp. 3-4.
- Otchety o khode realizatsii gosudarstvennoy programmy Rossiyskoy Federatsii «Razvitie fizicheskoy kultury i sporta» [Reports on the implementation of the state program of the Russian Federation “Development of physical education and sports”] [Electronic resource]. Available at: https: // www.minsport.gov.ru/activities/reports/9/32033/. https://www.minsport.gov.ru/activities/reports/9/32033/ (date of access: 06.02.2020).
- Svodny otchet po forme federalnogo statisticheskogo nablyudeniya # 1-FK «Svedeniya o fizicheskoy kulture i sporte» za 2018 god [Consolidated report on the form of federal statistical observation No. 1-FC “Information on physical education and sports” for 2018] [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://www.minsport.gov.ru/sport/physical-culture/statisticheskaya-inf/ (date of access: 06.02.2020).