PhD, Associate Professor M.E. Guzich1
PhD, Associate Professor I.P. Grekhova1
1Surgut State University, Surgut
Objective of the study was to identify athletes’ personal characteristics and establish correlation between the obtained indicators.
Methods and structure of the study. 40 subjects took part in the research: the Eexperimental Group made of players of one of the basketball clubs in Samara (10 people), the Control Group consisting of participants of the public organization "Surgut Boxing Federation" of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra (30 people). The age of the subjects varied from 24 to 36 years, all of them had over 3 years of sports practices and sports categories. The study was conducted using a multi-factor Kettell personality questionnaire, meant to assess the scope of individual-personal relations and focused on identifying relatively independent personality factors divided into 4 groups: communicative, intellectual, emotional and regulatory personality traits.
Research results and conclusions. The results of the analysis indicate the existence of a relationship between the parameters of volitional and behavioral self-regulation of athletes and their individual psychological characteristics, however, the nature of this dependence varies between representatives of team and individual sports. The authors conclude that the data obtained demonstrate the need for qualified psychological support for specific sports activities, since the goals that an athlete sets for himself require maximum mobilization of not only physical but also mental capabilities, the structure of which is largely determined by the requirements of a particular sport. Thus, the authors are confident that the development of the psychology of sports will go in the direction of an more detailed differentiation of the study of the personal potential of athletes in the context of a particular sport.
Keywords: sports activity, personality traits, volitional and behavioral regulation.
- Grekhova I.P., Guzich M.E Otsenka vzaimosvyazi lichnostnykh i psihosomaticheskikh kharakteristik sportsmenov v raznykh usloviyakh deyatelnosti [Boxers’ personality qualities versus psychosomatics rating in different competitive situations]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 11. pp. 85-87.
- Guzich M.E., Grekhova I.P. Psikhoemotsionalnoe i psikhosomaticheskoe sostoyanie bokserov v raznykh usloviyakh sportivnoy deyatelnosti [Psycho-emotional and psychosomatic status test rates in boxing]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018, no. 3, pp. 83-85.
- Kapustina A.N. Mnogofaktornaya lichnostnaya metodika R. Kettella [The multifactorial personality technique of R. Kettell]. Pract. guide. St.Petersburg: Rech publ., 2001. 142 p.
- Koryagina V.P. Osobennosti vremennykh kharakteristik u zanimayushchikhsya razlichnymi vidami sporta [Features of temporal characteristics of those practicing various sports]. M.: Sport publ., 2006. 132 p.
- Nebytova L.A. Sportsmen kak sub'ekt sportivnoy deyatelnosti [Athlete as a subject of sports activity]. Psikhologiya obrazovaniya. 2007. No. 1. Electronic resource. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sportsmen-kak-subekt-sportivnoy-deyate...
- Petrovskiy A.V. Razvitie lichnosti i problema vedushchey deyatelnosti [Personality development and problem of leading activities]. Voprosy psikhologii. 1987. No. 1. pp. 15-26.
- Ueynberg R.S., Gould D. Osnovy psikhologii sporta i fizicheskoy kultury [Fundamentals of psychology of sport and physical educaiton]. Kiev: Olimpiyskaya literatura publ., 2001. 262 p.