1North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov, Yakutsk
Objective of the study was to experimentally substantiate the application of the method of diagnostics of attention concentration in amateur shooters to improve the effectiveness of their competitive activities.
Methods and structure of the study. The study was conducted at the premises of the shooting range at the Institute of Physical Culture and Sports of North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov and involved 16 young amateur shooters aged from 11 to 14 years. The following methods were applied during the study to rate the subjects' attention concentration: Shulte test, Attention Selectivity and Interference Immunity test by G. Münsterberg, and Line-crossing test. The Spearman's non-parametric test was used to determine the degree of correlation between the test results and the results of the qualifying competitions.
Results and conclusions. The analysis of the test results showed that the amateur shooters with sustained attention, which was determined using the selected diagnostic techniques, demonstrated high sports results in the qualifying competitions.
The use of the above-mentioned methods for determination of attention span during trainings enables to control attention concentration in shooters as one of the main factors for achieving a high sports result and adjusting the process of sports training in a timely manner.
Keywords: rifle and pistol shooting, amateur shooters, attention concentration, sports result.
- Alekseev A.V. Preodoley sebya! Psikhicheskaya podgotovka v sporte [Overcome yourself! Mental training in sports]. Rostov-on/D.: Fenix publ., 2006. 352 p.
- Vainshtein L.M. Psikhologiya v pulevoy strelbe [Psychology in bullet shooting]. M.: DOSAAF publ., 1981. 142 p., il.
- Grishkevich M.S., Kharina I.F. Izuchenie kontsentratsii vnimaniya u studentov-sportsmenov raznogo urovnya sportivnogo masterstva [Study of attention concentration in student-athletes of different sport skill levels]. Dnevnik nauki. 2018. No. 11 (23). p. 9.
- Zolotarev I.B. Pulevaya strelba [Bullet Shooting].M.: Shooting Union of Russia publ., 2011. 313 p.
- Lubysheva L.I. Filosofskie etyudy k ponimaniyu kinestezy [Philosophical studies for understanding of kinesthesia]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2020. No. 1. p. 95.
- Pullem B., Heinenkrat Frank T. Sportivnaya strelba iz vintovki [Competitive rifle shooting]. M.: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1991. 271 p.