PhD, Associate Professor N.A. Vinokurova1
1North-Eastern Federal University named after M.K. Ammosov, Yakutsk
Objective of the study was to determine the current state of sports terminology as a key element of the modern Yakut language.
Methods and structure of the study. The following methods were applied: descriptive, statistical, comparative methods, observation and questionnaire survey.
Results of the study and conclusions. According to the data obtained, students, coaches and physical education teachers prefer such sports as track and field athletics, volleyball, football, and swimming.
Knowledge of sports terms in the Yakut language. The respondents listed 14 sports terms in Yakutian, some of which were repeated: kuobakh - 39 times, mas tardyhyyta - 27 times, hapsagay - 20 times, etc. The percentages of sports terms in the Yakut language are as follows: kuobakh - 69.64%, kylyy - 55.35%, tustuu - 26.78%, mas tardyhyyta - 48.24%, buur - 30.35%, ataralystanyy - 3.57%, hapsagay - 35.71%, muye, madyny, tebilik, khomuur hapsagay, maamykta, naarta and tutum ergiyr - 1.78%. 64.28% of respondents did not use any sports terms in Yakutian in communication,"no" - "yes" - 3.57%, "it is easier to pronounce" - 3.57%, "it sounds better" - 3.57%, "yes, I use them" - 14.28%. 73.33% of respondents used the sports terms in the Yakut language during the training sessions; 26.66% did not. The questionnaire survey indicated more positive aspects of the use of sports terms in the Yakut language than negative. However, we believe that the results obtained represent only the beginning of a further in-depth study of Yakut sports terms.
Keywords: history of sport, sports terminology, national sports, folk games, modern Yakut language.
- Afanasyev L.A. Terminologicheskaya rabota v yakutskom yazyke [Terminological work in Yakut language]. Filologicheskie nauki. Voprosy teorii i praktiki. 2014. No. 4. pp. 24-26.
- Bleer A.N. Terminologiya sporta. Tolkovyiy slovar-spravochnik [Sports terminology. Explanatory dictionary-glossary]. M.:Akademiya publ., 2010. 464 p.
- Borokhin M.I. Ispolzovanie dvigatelnykh sredstv korennykh narodov Yakutii v fizicheskom vospitanii studentov [Use of motor means of indigenous peoples of Yakutia in academic physical education]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2012. No. 10. pp. 30-32.
- Vinokurova N.A. Formirovanie interesa k fizicheskoy kulture u devochek sredstvami etnopedagogiki (na primere arkticheskih shkol Respubliki Saha Yakutiya) [Formation of interest in physical education in girls by means of ethnopedagogy (case study of Arctic schools of Republic of Sakha Yakutia)]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2012. No. 10. pp. 33-34.
- Zaharov A.A. Mas-restling [Mas-wrestling]. Study guide. Yakutsk, 2006.
- Prikaz Ministerstva sporta Rossii ot 15.11.2018 # 939 «Ob utverzhdenii federalnykh gosudarstvennykh trebovaniy k minimumu soderzhaniya, strukture, usloviyam realizatsii dopolnitelnykh programm [Order of the Ministry of Sports of Russia of November 15, 2018 No. 939 “On approval of federal state requirements for minimum content, structure, conditions for implementation of additional programs].