PhD, Associate Professor I.V. Bogdanova1
PhD A.A. Egiazaryan2, 3
PhD, Associate Professor G.V. Vlasov2
1Moscow Regional State University, Moscow
2Bauman Moscow state technical university, Moscow, Moscow
3National Research University MPEI, Moscow
Objective of the study was to determine the effects of overall physical training at the university on the dynamics of physical development of students.
Methods and structure of the study. The study involved the 1st-2nd-year students (17-19 years) trained under the overall physical training program twice a week.
A statistical analysis was carried out to determine the functional fitness level in the first-year (n=306) and second-year (n=267) students. It was followed by a comparative analysis of the data obtained. We used the anthropometric tests, as well as the tests to determine the functional state of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems of the body.
Results of the study and conclusions. The findings revealed high and satisfactory levels of functioning in terms of most of the indicators - in both girls and boys of the 1st and 2nd years of study. The statistical analysis of the data obtained did not show any statistically significant differences between the 1st- and 2nd-year students (both girls and boys). It is assumed that the physical education means and methods used at the university are not sufficiently effective to meet the challenges of improving the physical fitness of student youth. The lack of a statistically significant increase in the rates of adaptation of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems to physical loads indicates the need to find additional tools and methods for solving the set tasks.
Keywords: physical education, health, functional fitness, testing, physical development, students, physical training.
- Bogdanova I.V. Monitoring zdorovya studentov MGU im. M.V. Lomonosova [Health monitoring of Lomonosov Moscow State University students]. V.: Vladimir Pedagogical University publ., 2014. pp. 119-124.
- Valeeva G.V., Valeev E.D. Testirovanie pokazateley zdorovya studentov-neftyanikov kak element otsenki kachestva obrazovaniya [Testing health indicators of oil students as element of education quality rating]. M.: NUOG publ., 2014. pp.31-34.
- Egorycheva E.V. Otsenka fizicheskogo razvitiya, funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya i fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov s defitsitom massy tela . Uchenye zapiski. 2014. No. 2 (108). pp. 67-70.
- Koipysheva E.A., Rybina L.D., Lebedinskiy V.Yu. Monitoringovye tekhnologii v otsenke fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentok tehnicheskogo vuza [Monitoring technologies for assessing physical fitness of female technical university students]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2015. No. 9. pp. 11-13.
- Koksharov A.V., Mironenko E.N. Dinamika pokazateley fizicheskogo razvitiya i fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov zheleznodorozhnogo vuza [Dynamics of physical development and physical fitness indices of railway university students]. Omskiy nauchny vestnik. 2013. No. 3 (119). pp. 186-189.
- Sinenkov N.A. Kharakteristika fizicheskogo razvitiya studentov razlichnykh kursov obucheniya [Rating physical development of students of various courses]. Novainfo.Ru. 2016. no. 51. pp. 199-204.