Dr.Sc.Phil., Professor I.V. Vasilenko1
Dr.Sc.Soc. O.V. Tkachenko2
1Volgograd State University, Volgograd
2Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd
Objective of the study was to assess the significance of physical culture in the state of health, way of living and consciousness of modern Russians living in one of the regions of modern Russia.
Methods and structure of the study. The study involved the residents of Volgograd (n=400) and Volzhsky (n=200). The sample was stratified by the city districts. The sample size for each stratum was determined in proportion to its size within the general population. Then, within each district, we randomly identified the household, in which we selected the respondents according to the quota. The major method of data collection was a formal questionnaire survey. The respondents' physical fitness level was determined based on the physical activity indicators that determine the potentials for personal development inherent in their way of living and consciousness.
Results of the study and conclusions. The findings indicated a low level of physical fitness of the residents of the region, which negatively affects their health, on the one hand, and on the other - a positive trend in the use of such physical activities as walking and setting-up exercises. Most residents are aware of their health problems and are motivated for physical activities, but due to the lack of fixation on physical education and sports activities, lack of social support and money, they do not do anything to solve them.
Keywords: physical culture, way of living, consciousness, health, physical activity indicators, motivation to physical activities.
- Baudrillard J. Telo – samy prekrasny ob'ekt potrebleniya [Body - the most beautiful object of consumption]. Obshchestvo potrebleniya. Ego mify i struktury [Consumer society. Myths and structures]. M.: Kulturnaya revolyutsiya; Respublika, 2006. pp. 167-193.
- Gilazieva S.R., Simonenkov V.S. K voprosu ob individualnoy potrebnosti v fizicheskoy aktivnosti [Individual need for physical activity]. Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2016. no. 1 (189). pp. 9-15.
- Drandov G.L., Buttsev V.A., Buttseva E.V. O sootnoshenii fizicheskoy i sportivnoy kultury lichnosti [Correlation of human physical and sports culture]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta. 2013. No. 1 (77). v. 2. pp. 96-100.
- Moss M. Tekhniki tela [Body Techniques]. Obshchestva. Obmen. Lichnost. Trudy po sotsialnoy antropologii [Society. Exchange. Personality. Proceedings of social anthropology]. M.: KDU publ., 2011. pp. 167-193.
- Burke, P. (1994) Popular Culture in Early Modern Europe. Aldershot: Scolar Press.
- Crane, D., (ed) ()1994) Sociology of Culture. Oxford: Blackwell.
- Hofstede, G. (1994) Cultures and Organisations (Software of the Mind). U.K.: Harper Collins Rublishers.