Dr.Hab., Dr. of Physical Education and Sport, Professor I.G. Maksimenko1, 2
Dr.Hab. of Russia and Ukraine, Professor G.N. Maksimenko3
PhD, Associate Professor I.Yu. Voronin1
Associate Professor L.V. Zilina1
1Belgorod State National Research University, Belgorod
2Volga Region State Academy of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism, Kazan
3Lugansk National Agrarian University, Lugansk
Objective of the study was to evaluate and compare the special and overall endurance rates in the representatives of various sports games with the qualifications from Class III to Masters of Sport.
Methods and structure of the study. We tested the aerobic abilities and special endurance rates in 128 volleyball players, 127 goalball players, 136 basketball players, 140 football players, and 118 rugby players with the sports qualifications from Class III to Masters of Sport. The following research methods were applied: theoretical analysis; pedagogical observations; pedagogical testing; mathematical statistics methods.
Results of the study and conclusions. The studies made it possible to determine the aerobic abilities and special endurance rates in the volleyball players, basketball players, goalball players, rugby players and football players with different skill levels - from Class III to Masters of Sports. The improvement of sports skills of the representatives of these sports games takes place simultaneously with the significant (p<0.05) improvement of aerobic potential and special endurance. For example, the rugby players qualified from Class III to Masters of Sport showed the following progress in the Cooper’s test: 2895.7±16.01; 3101.3±15.11; 3177.7±14.38; 3288.5±15.08 and 3411.4±14.05 m, respectively. By the level of development of aerobic abilities, the representatives of various sports games were ranked as follows: 1) football players, 2) rugby players, 3) goalball players, 4) basketball players, 5) volleyball players. The best absolute result in the 5×30 m shuttle run test was demonstrated by the rugby and football players qualified Masters of Sport: 19.55±0.03 sec and 20.05±0.05 sec.
The practical use of the data obtained ensures that the principles of proportionality in the development of physical qualities and orientation towards higher achievements are realized in the process of athletic training. The prospects for further research may be focused on the study of strength abilities of the representatives of various sports games.
Keywords: qualifications, overall and special endurance, rates, competitive activities, sports games.
- Maksimenko G.N., Maksimenko I.G., Vasilchenko I.I. et al. Mnogoletnyaya podgotovka yunykh sportsmenov v legkoy atletike i sportivnykh igrakh [Long-term training of junior track and field athletes]. Lugansk: Virtualnaya realnost publ., 2011. 512 p.
- Hermassi S., Carlo C., Yahmed M., Hachana Y., Karim C. Direct validity of the yo-yo intermittent recovery test in young team handball players Journal of strength and conditioning research. 2010. Vol. 24. рр. 465 – 70.
- Johnston R.D., Gabbett T.J., Jenkins D.G. The influence of physical fitness and playing standard on pacing strategies during a team-sport tournament International journal of sports physiology and performance. 2015. Vol. 10. рр. 1001 – 8.
- Maksimenko I.G. Рerspective directions optimization of process of long-term preparation of young sportsmen (on the example of team games). Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports. 2012. No. 3. рр. 79 – 81.
- Paraskevas G., Hadjicharalambous M. Аerobic fitness of starter and non-starter soccer players in the champion's league. Journal of human kinetics. 2018. Vol. 61. рр. 99 – 108.