Dr.Sc.Soc., Professor I.V. Leskova1
Postgraduate student Marah Raje Dali2
Postgraduate student N.Y. Barieva1
PhD E.V. Maksimova3
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor A.A. Peredelsky2
1Russian State Social University, Moscow
2Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
3Moscow Sity University, Moscow
Objective of the study was to conduct a theoretical analysis of the publications devoted to the development of the physical education and sports sector in the Arab countries in the social context.
Methods and structure of the study. One allotment of the analyzed material was developed by Arab authors, the other - by Russian experts. The study covers the period from the mid 20th to the early 21st century. We analyzed the publications devoted to the changes in the physical education and sport sector in the Arab countries during the study period in the social context. The information was drawn from the electronic library of Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth, and Tourism.
Results of the study and conclusions. For the study purposes, we analyzed the topics related to: development of the physical education and sport sector and the state administration system in this field in Algeria; problems of professional activities of physical education teachers at universities of the USSR and Iraq; sociological research on the physical education system in Iraq; identification of the social determinants of physical education and sports in Palestine, etc.
The authors conclude that the development of the physical education and sport sector in the Arab countries has its own peculiarities related to the religiousness of the society, gender inequality, and insufficient development of sports infrastructure. There has been very little scientific information on the social aspects of development of the physical culture and sports sector in the Arab countries since the mid 20th to the early 21st century. The available scientific information generally contains a wide range of issues related to physical education and sports.
Keywords: physical education and sports, Arab countries, Soviet and Russian publications.
- Grzhebina L.M., Allaban S. Razvitie fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v Siriyskoy Arabskoy Respublike v sovremennykh sotsialno-politicheskikh usloviyakh [Development of physical education and sports in the Syrian Arab Republic in modern socio-political conditions]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. No. 7. p. 44.
- Davydov V.Yu. Sovremennoe fizicheskoe vospitanie detey v Livane [Modern physical education of children in Lebanon]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2010. No.1. pp. 51-53.
- Dahman Mohamed El Muldi. Organizatsionno-upravlencheskie i nauchno-metodicheskoe osnovy razvitiya massovogo sporta v Respublike Tunis [Organizational and managerial and scientific and methodological foundations of development of mass sports in the Republic of Tunisia]. Nauch.-metod. i mediko-biol. obespechenie fizkulturno-ozdorov. i sportiv. raboty [Scientific method. and biomedical support of health and fitness activities]. Proc. reg. research-practical conf. ded. 10th anniversary of DSIPC (Dnepropetrovsk, April 26-28, 1990). Dnepropetrovsk, 1990. v. 3. pp. 19-21.
- Dahman M. Obosnovanie «Programmy fizicheskoy aktivnosti» vzroslogo naseleniya Tunisa [Justification of physical activity program" for senior population of Tunisia]. Zdorovye cheloveka: tekhnologii formirovaniya zdravostroitelya v sistemakh obrazovaniya i zdravookhraneniya Ukrainy [Human health: technologies for formation of health planner in education and health systems of Ukraine]. Proc. scientific. Conf .. Dnepropetrovsk, 1995. no. 2. pp. 61-62.
- Jalal Al-Abadi. Shkolny sport v Irake [School Sports in Iraq]. Sport v sovrem. o-ve [Sports today]. Proc. scientific congr. Tbilisi, 1980. M., 1980. Pervoe napravlenie: Filosofiya. Istoriya. Sotsiologiya. p. 74.
- Zhukovskiy Yu.T., Kravchenko Yu.V. O razvitii fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v Alzhirskoy Narodnoy Demokraticheskoy Respublike [On development of physical education and sports in Algerian People's Democratic Republic]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1981. No. 6. pp. 52-53.
- Lutkov V.V. Olimpiyskoe dvizhenie v arabskikh stranakh [Olympic Movement in Arab Countries]. Olimp. dvizhenie i sots. Protsessy [Olympic movement and social processes]. Proc. Intern. conf. St. Petersburg, 1994. pp. 153-155.
- Lutkov V.V. Olimpiyskoe dvizhenie v arabskom mire [Olympic Movement in Arab World]. Olimp. byul. RGAFK. TsOA. 1994. No. 1. pp. 41-44.
- Milshtein O.A., Hamdi M. Fizkulturno-sportivnaya aktivnost otdelnykh grupp naseleniya Alzhirskoy Narodnoy Demokraticheskoy Respubliki (ANDR) [Physical culture and sports activity of certain groups of population of Algerian People's Democratic Republic (ANDR)]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1986. No. 3. pp. 58-60.
- Nairat A.R. Kontseptualny podkhod k formirovaniyu sotsialno-ekonomicheskikh aspektov gosudarstvennoy politiki v sfere fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v Palestine [Conceptual approach to formation of socio-economic aspects of public policy in physical education and sport sector in Palestine]. Sovrem. olimp. sport i sport dlya vsekh [Modern Olympic Sport and sport for all]. Proc. 7th Intern. scientific congr. May 24-27, 2003. M., 2003. v. 2. pp. 319-320.
- Novikov B.I., Al Timimi Ahmed Javad Kedom Sravnitelny analiz ekspertnykh otsenok prepodavatelem po voprosam fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov v vuzakh SSSR i Iraka [Comparative analysis of teacher expert assessments on academic physical education in the USSR and Iraq]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1986. No. 6. Pp. 56-58.
- Novikova L.A., Hormiz S. Sistema fizicheskogo vospitaniya Univeriteta Mosul, Irak [Physical Education System of Mosul University, Iraq]. Fitnes-2010 [Fitness 2010]. Proc. International res.-practical internet conf. of Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism. M., 2010. pp. 96-97.
- Osik V.K., Kudsi Mohammed MarwanSlach Fizicheskoe sostoyanie siriyskikh shkolnikov [Physical condition of Syrian schoolchildren]. Aktual. vopr. fiz. kultury i sporta [Actual issues of physical education and sports]. Proc. scientific research institute of physical culture and sports]. M-ry sport, tourism and youth politicy of the Russian Federation, Kuban State University of Physical Culture, Sports and Tourism, Scientific Institute of Physical culture and sport. Krasnodar, 2008. v. 10. pp. 244-246.
- Peredelskiy A.A., Leskova I.V. Perspektivy rasshireniya araboyazyichnogo musulmanskogo kontingenta studentov v rossiyskikh fizkulturno-sportivnykh vuzakh [Prospects for expansion of Arabic-speaking Muslim students in Russian physical education and sports universities]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. No. 4. p. 46.