PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Antipov1
PhD, Associate Professor I.V. Kulishenko1
PhD, Associate Professor E.V. Shustova1
1Moscow State Regional University, Moscow
Objective of the study was to develop and substantiate a system of pedagogical control and self-control of the physical fitness level of the young population during physical exercises and sports activities.
Methods and structure of the study. The study was carried out on the basis of higher educational institutions of Moscow and the Moscow region in 2015-2019. Sampled for the study were 1,284 students aged 17-22 years. During physical exercises, various methods were applied to monitor the subjects' body state: pedagogical observation; questionnaire survey of the students; keeping of a diary of self-control of the current body state.
Results of the study and conclusions. The article presents the results of the control tests designed to study the levels of morphofunctional development and physical fitness of student youth. The girls and boys were found to have a pronounced right-sided asymmetry in the run test. The rest of the control tests revealed varying degrees of left-sided asymmetry in the random distribution curves. The prevalence of negative values in the density of distribution curves for the empirical data on the students' motor fitness rates indicated a relatively flattened distribution as compared to the normal one. Therefore, there was a moderate decline in the level of physical development and the motor fitness of the examined university students. Yet, most of the indicators corresponded to the mean values for the surveyed population, with little variation in the individual data.
The results obtained made it possible to optimize the process of physical education and selection of sports and exercises aimed to improve health and motor fitness of the young population.
Keywords: young population, pedagogical control, self-control, physical fitness, physical exercise, sport.
- Bal’sevich V.K., Lubysheva L.I. Fizicheskaya kultura: molodezh i sovremennost [Physical culture: youth and modernity]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. Kultury. 1995. No. 4. pp. 2-7.
- Guba V.P., Presnyakov V.V. Metody matematicheskoy obrabotki rezultatov sportivno-pedagogicheskikh issledovaniy [Methods of mathematical processing of results of sports and pedagogical research]. M.: Chelovek publ., 2015. 288 p.
- Guba V.P., Morozov O.S., Parfenenkov V.V. Nauchno–prakticheskie i metodicheskie osnovy fizicheskogo vospitaniya uchascheysya molodezhi [Scientific, practical and methodological foundations of academic physical education]. Study guide. M.: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2008. 206 p.
- Guba V.P., Marinich V.V. Teoriya i metodika sovremennykh sportivnykh issledovaniy [Theory and methodology of modern sports research]. M.: Sport publ., 2016. 230 p.
- Kuznetsov V.S., Kolodnitskiy G.A. Fizicheskaya kultura [Physical Education]. Textbook. M.: KnoRus publ., 2014. 256 p.
- Salov V.Yu. Teoreticheskie i metodicheskie osnovy formirovaniya zdorovogo obraza zhizni, uchashcheysya molodezhi sredstvami fizicheskoy kultury [Theoretical and methodological foundations of healthy lifestyle cultivation among students by means of physical culture]. Doct. Diss. Abstract (Hab.). St. Petersburg: SAPC publ., 2001. 55 p.