PhD A.I. Golovachev1
PhD V.I. Kolykhmatov1
PhD S.V. Shirokova1
PhD N.B. Novikova2
1Federal Scientific Center for Physical Culture and Sports, Moscow
2St. Petersburg Scientific Research Institute of Physical Culture, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to identify the dynamics of correlation relationship between maximal alactate work efficiency and athletic performance of highly-skilled female racing skiers in individual sprint skiing at different stages of the annual and Olympic training cycles.
Methods and structure of the study. We analyzed the results demonstrated by 22 female athletes aged 22-27 years, specializing in different types of competitive activity and having different sports qualifications (from CMS to WCMS). The maximal alactate work efficiency (speed ability and ability to display maximum alactate power) was analyzed at the beginning and at the end of each preparatory period throughout the 2015-2018 Olympic cycle. The list of main starts of the Olympic cycle included: all-Russian skiing competitions in Tyumen held at the end of the snowless preparatory period and associated with the completion of the basic stage of the snowless period (late September), Russian Cup finals, World Championships and Olympic Games, World Cup stages (2015-2016 sports season) held in the middle of the competitive period and associated with the achievement of the peak level (February, March) at the main start - Russian Championship in Tyumen at the end of the competitive period - and with the possibility to qualify for further centralized training for the next sports season (April).
Results of the study and conclusions. The correlation analysis made it possible to identify the most informative indicators of maximal alactate work efficiency determining the effectiveness of competitive performance in sprint races, which formed the basis for the nomenclature of model characteristics (by year of the Olympic cycle) of the speed ability and ability to display maximum alactate power in the highly-skilled female racing skiers preparing for the XXIV Winter Olympic Games (Beijing 2022).
Keywords: cross-country skiing, females, physical qualities, speed ability, maximum alactate power, athletic performance, sprint races, correlation relationship.
- Golovachev A.I., Butulov E.L., Kondratov N.N. et al. Vliyanie vozrastnykh i kvalifikatsionnykh osobennostey na uroven fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti sportsmenov [Influence of age and qualification characteristics on athletes’ physical fitness level]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2003. No. 10. pp. 32-34.
- Golovachev A.I., Kolykhmatov V.I., Shirokova S.V., Novikova N.B. Modelnye pokazateli funktsionalnykh vozmozhnostey sistem energoobespecheniya lyzhnits-gonshchits vysokoy kvalifikatsii pri podgotovke k XXIV zimnim Olimpiyskim igram 2022 g. v Pekine (Kitay) [Model characteristics of functional efficiency of energy systems in highly-qualified racing skiers trained for XXIV Olympic Winter Games in Beijing (China) in 2022]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kulturyi. 2019. No. 12. pp. 89-91.
- Golovachev A.I., Kolykhmatov V.I., Shirokova S.V. Poisk rezervov povysheniya effektivnosti vystupleniya na XXIII Olimpiyskikh zimnikh igrakh 2018 goda v Pkhenchhane (Respublika Koreya) [Search for ways to improve competitive success at XXIII (2018) Winter Olympics in PyeongChang (Korea)]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. No. 2. pp. 11-13.
- Golovachev A.I., Kolykhmatov V.I., Shirokova S.V. Sovremennye metodicheskie podkhody kontrolya fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti v lyzhnykh gonkakh [Modern methodological approaches to control physical fitness in skiing]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki. 2018. No. 5. pp. 11-17.
- Mihalev V.I., Koryagina Yu.V., Antipova O.S., Aikin V.A., Suhinin E.M. Spetsialnaya rabotosposobnost lyzhnikov-gonshchikov: sovremennye tendentsii (po materialam zarubezhnoy literatury) [Special performance of skiers-racers: current trends (based on foreign literature)]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2015. No. 4 (122). pp. 139-144.
- Platonov V.N. Sistema podgotovki sportsmenov v olimpiyskom sporte. Obshchaya teoriya i ee prakticheskie prilozheniya [Athletic training system in Olympic sports. General theory and its practical applications]. Textbook. Kiev: Olimpiyskaya literatura publ., 2004. 807 p.
- Losnegard T., Hallén J. Physiological differences between sprint and distance-specialized cross-country skiers. // Int. J. Sports Physiol. Perform. – 2014. – Vol. 9, №1. – Р.25–31.
- Losnegard T, Myklebust H, Hallén J. Anaerobic capacity as a determinant of performance in sprint skiing // Med Sci Sports Exerc. –2012. – Vol. 44, № 4. – Р. 673-681.