Dr.Hab., Associate Professor L.G. Ryzhkova1
PhD, Associate Professor M.A. Kuzmin2
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University), Moscow
3Moscow International University, Moscow
Objective of the present study was to identify the peculiarities of organization and holding of the "Russian Physical Culture and Sport GTO Complex Festivals" at universities in cooperation with the Physical Education and Sport Center of the South-West Administrative District.
Methods and structure of the study. The "GTO Complex Festival" involved 28 female students and 85 male ones. Their competitive performance was rated according to Stage VI Russian Physical Culture and Sport GTO Complex standards.
Results of the study. The "GTO Complex Festival" held on the basis of the campus sports facility was met with a positive feedback from the test participants, having gathered more than 100 students, which indicates the feasibility of its organization in the future. According to the "GTO Complex Festival" results, 3 participants succeeded to qualify for the Gold Badge, 8 – for the Silver Badge, and 30 – for the Bronze Badge, which is a good result for an event like this.
Conclusion. The practice of interacting with the regional GTO Testing Center and cooperative organization of festivals of this kind is an excellent opportunity to involve student youth in mass physical culture and sports.
Keywords: Russian Physical Culture and Sport (RPCS) GTO Complex, student training, "GTO Festival", student sports, standards and tests, testing, GTO Testing Center of Moscomsport, Physical Education and Sport Center of the South-West Administrative District (PESC SWAD).
- AS FSK GTO (Informatsionno-nauchny WEB-Tsentr fizicheskoy kultury, zdorovya i sporta) 2014 g. [AC PCS GTO (Information and Scientific WEB-Center for Physical Culture, Health and Sports) 2014]. www.rosinwebc.ru.
- Bobkov V.V., Kuzmin M.A. Optimizatsiya sostava ispyitaniy kompleksa GTO dlya studentov VUZov [Optimization of GTO complex testing structure for university students]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2017. no. 12 (154). pp. 38-42.
- Meshcheryakov S.P., Egorychev A.O. Monitoring fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov [Students’ physical fitness]. Study guide. M.: RSUOG Publ., 2018. 55 p.
- Parkhomenko K.I. Prakticheskie aspektyi organizatsii testirovaniya VFSK GTO [Practical aspects of GTO testing organization]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://infourok.ru/prakticheskie-aspekti-gto-dlya-ovz-1475856.html.
- Polozhenie o Vserossiyskom fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnom komplekse [Regulation on Russian physical culture and sports complex]. Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation, Moscow, 2013 g.
- Ryzhkova L.G., Bobkov V.V., Kuzmin M.A., Ignatenko T.V. Faktory, prepyatstvuyusHchie podgotovke i vypolneniyu normativov VFSK GTO studentami vuzov [Obstacles for success in GTO complex tests in academic educational system]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. no. 5. pp. 39-42.
- Sherin V.S., Zamyatin A.V., Sherina E.A., Kolyaskina T.Y. Mobilnoe prilozhenie kak faktor effektivnoy podgotovki cheloveka k vypolneniyu normativov Kompleksa GTO [Mobile application tool to facilitate training for GTO Complex tests]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 4, pp. 89–90.