PhD, Associate Professor G.K. Biserova1
1Elabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University, Elabuga
Objective of the study was to determine the relationship between the reaction rate and level of personal aggression in the primary schoolchildren in the first year of fencing training.
Methods and structure of the study. The study involved the 8-10 year-old schoolchildren (mean age - 8.7 years). The subjects were tested for the manifestations of personal aggression using the projective technique by E. Wagner "Hand-test" modified by T.N. Kurbatova. The simple sensorimotor reaction rate was measured twice, before after the training bout. For this purpose, we used the online simulator "Reaction rate test".
Results and conclusions. The correlation analysis of the reaction rate and level of personal aggression in the primary school age fencers indicated a strong positive relationship between the level of aggression and simple sensorimotor reaction rate after the training bout (r=0.48). The schoolchildren of the first year of training were found to have a positive correlation between the level of personal aggression and simple sensorimotor reaction rate before the training bout (r=036) at the level of trend.
This is due to the age-specific characteristics of the young fencers: low level of self-regulation of emotional states in significant (combat) situations and their desire to win, which provoked aggressive behavior and mobilized their speed abilities. At the same time, the schoolchildren of the first year of training had insufficiently developed tactical skills (attack, counter-parry and counter-riposte), so improved reaction rate did not increase the accuracy of points, thus causing aggression. It is recommended that coaches are receptive to the manifestations of personal aggression during the training bout, as this is acceptable for beginner athletes.
Keywords: simple sensorimotor reaction, personal aggression, fencing, primary school age athletes.
- Aleksandrov Yu.V., Sigal N.S., Shtykh V.A. Agressiya v sportivnoy deyatel'nosti [Aggression in the sports activities]. Slobozhanskiy nauchno-sportivnyiy vestnik [Slobozhanskyi scientific sports herald], 2014, no. 3, pp. 86-89.
- Bolgov V.N., Kamalov N.K., Tagirova N.P., Drobinina N.V. Kompyuternaya programma «Reaktsiomer» dlya issledovaniya dvigatelnoy reaktsii yunykh fekhtovalshchikov [Computer program "Reactiomer" to study motor reaction of junior fencers]. Mezhdunarodny nauchno-issledovatelskiy zhurnal, 2016. no. 10-3 (52). pp. 119-121.
- Ilyin E.P. Psikhologiya sporta [Sports Psychology]. St. Petersburg: Piter publ., 2016.
- Castle E. Shkoly i mastera fekhtovaniya. Blagorodnoe iskusstvo vladeniya klinkom [Schools and masters of fencing. The noble art of blade skills]. Moscow: Tsentrpoligraf publ., 2007.
- Markelov I.P. Problema agressivnogo povedeniya v sporte [Problem of aggressive behavior in sports]. Fizicheskaya kultura. Sport. Turizm. Dvigatelnaya rekreatsiya. 2017. v. 2. no. 2. pp. 121-125.