PhD L.K. Tropina1
PhD, Associate Professor N.B. Serova1
PhD, Associate Professor D.Yu. Narkhov1
1Ural Federal University named after First President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg
Objective of the study was to determine the positions of Russian universities in the field of student sports based on a comparative analysis on a number of selected criteria.
Methods and structure of the study. The comparative analysis was carried out using the data from the website "Association of Student Sports Clubs of Russia", results of the sociological research in the national scientific electronic library Elibrary.ru. We developed a system of evaluation criteria for federal universities.
Study results and conclusions. The analysis revealed that different universities have significantly different sports infrastructures. Universities that have hosted World Universiades are greatly ahead in terms of this indicator. It was found that not all federal universities consider the development of sports as an important direction of their development in general and do not include activities for the development of sports within the existing development programs. Currently, all federal universities have sports clubs, but most of them do not have any centers for testing the GTO Complex. In most universities, the quality of informational support for the promotion of sports through the university's website can be assessed as insufficient or unsatisfactory.
The comparative analysis of the positions of federal universities in the field of sports aims to identify the vectors of development and stimulate the search for effective solutions to the existing problems.
Keywords: university sports, student sport events, student sport club, sports facilities, sport, sports section.
- Dobrynin I.M., Narkhov D.Yu., Narkhova E.N., Rusova P.V. Fizicheskaya kultura kak uchebnaya distsiplina i obraz zhizni v predstavlenii sovremennykh studentov [Physical education as discipline and lifestyle in view of modern students]. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. Lobachevskogo, seriya «Sotsialnye nauki». 2016. No. 2. pp. 17-22.
- Karpov V.Yu., Kudinova V.A., Seselkin A.I., Bakulina E.D. Monitoring effektivnosti razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v subjektakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Monitoring of efficiency of development of physical culture and sport in federal subjects of Russia]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. No. 3. pp. 56-58.
- Kontseptsiya razvitiya studencheskogo sporta v Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2025 goda [The concept of development of student sports in the Russian Federation for the period until 2025]. Approved by order of the Ministry of Sports of Russia dated November 21, 2017 No. 1007].
- Kuz'min M.A., Zinov'ev N.A., Svyatchenko P.B. Razvitie studencheskogo sporta v universitetakh Rossii [University sports development in Russia]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 10, pp. 60–61.
- Lubysheva L.I., Peshkova N.V. Analiz razvitiya studencheskogo sporta: sostoyanie i perspektivy [Analysis of Development of University Sport: State and Perspectives]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 1, 39 p.
- Osnovy gosudarstvennoy molodezhnoy politiki Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2025 goda. Utverzhdeny rasporyazheniem Pravitelstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 29 noyabrya 2014 g. No. 2403-r [Fundamentals of the state youth policy of the Russian Federation for the period until 2025. Approved by order of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 29, 2014 No. 2403-p].