Postgraduate student M.V. Kraev1
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor A.A. Polozov1
PhD, Associate Professor E.S. Naboychenko1
1Ural Federal University named after First President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg
Objective of the study was to scientifically substantiate the use of automated rating and refereeing systems in boxing.
Methods and structure of the study. To develop the author's rating computation algorithm in boxing, we made a comparative analysis of the modern approaches used.
Study results and conclusions. The best way to implement the proposed rating computation algorithm is to accumulate data over time by the ascension and degradation periods in an athletic career, which will enable us to determine the highest skill level and allocate the most talented boxers. The analysis of changes in this indicator when working with different coaches will help rank coaches and their training methodologies. The establishment of an advanced data environment creates an advantage for the national boxing school.
The automated refereeing project based on the developed neural network suggests that, instead of judges, a bout will be watched through three video cameras: four in the corners of the ring and one on the body of a referee. A specially trained neural network will decide whether to count a strike or not. It will be activated at the moment of impact. To understand when this moment arrives, a special sensor should be chosen and given to a boxer to hold in both hands. The solution to this problem will help decide the winner not by the number of strikes but by the total strike weight.
Keywords: boxing, rating, IT technologies, neural network.
- Mikhryakov S.V. et al Informatsionnaya model futbola na primere uchastiya sbornoy Rossii na ChM-2018 [Football data processing model in context of Russian national team participation in 2018 World Cup]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury 2018 no. 1 pp. 75-77.
- Polozov A.A., Mikhryakov S.V., Naboichenko E.S., Bozhko E.M. Otsenka realizatsii golevyih momentov v igrovom vide sporta [Football data processing model in context of Russian national team participation in 2018 World Cup]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018. no.1. pp. 66-68.
- Polozov A.A. Sistema reytinga v igrovykh vidakh sporta i edinoborstvakh [Rating system in game sports and martial arts]. Yekaterinburg: UGTU-UPI publ., 1995. 10 p.
- Sistema XG. [XG system]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: www.understat.com (date of access: 30.01.2020).
- Savin S.A., Solovyev A.S. Futbol: ezhegodnik. 1986 [Football: Yearbook. 1986]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1986. 77 p.: il.