Postgraduate student B.A. Sviridov1
Dr.Hab., Professor G.I. Popov1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2Peoples' Friendship University of Russia (RUDN), Moscow
Objective of the study was to conduct a comparative biomechanical analysis of the technique of chest throw in sambo. Sampled for the study were 10 sambo wrestlers including 5 first-rank athletes and 5 masters of sport. The wrestlers made 3 attempts to throw a 32.6 kg mannequin dressed in a sambo jacket over the chest. The movements were registered using passive reflective markers, which tracked the center of mass of the mannequin, and hip, knee, ankle and metatarsophalangeal articulations of the subjects. The kinematic parameters were obtained with the help of the Qualisys hardware-software complex consisting of 8 high-speed Oqus 300+ infrared cameras. The video shooting frequency was set at 200 Hz. The cameras were synchronized with two AMTI dynamometric platforms to study the support reaction forces. The chest throw technique was divided into 3 phases. The first phase is when the attacker develops from the initial position into the starting one. The second is a takedown phase, which is the most important for organization of forced throwing movements. The third phase is flight and landing. Using the Qualisys Track Manager program we obtained the data on the support reaction forces during the takedown phase, throw phases and angular velocity at knee joint, which were then compared. The duration of the throw execution phase in the masters of sport was shorter than in the first-rank athletes. Consequently, their throw execution speed was higher. This gives the opponent less time to counteract. The angular velocity at knee joint when executing the throw was higher in the masters of sport. This indicates a higher rate of contraction of the the anterior muscle group of the thigh. The relevance of the comparative analysis is determined by the need to identify trends in improving the technique of chest throw in sambo as sports qualification increases. The given biomechanical characteristics can be used by trainers for planning and monitoring the athletes’ physical fitness at the training stages.
Keywords: sambo wrestlers, chest throw, biomechanical characteristics, efficiency.
- Ivanitskiy M.F. Anatomiya cheloveka [Human Anatomy]. Textbook for physical culture institutes. Moscow: Olympia publ., 2008. 623 p.
- Sviridov B.A., Meshcheryakov A.V. Analiz kinematicheskikh kharakteristik dvizheniya manekena pri vypolnenii broskov cherez spinu i cherez bedro kvalifitsirovannymi bortsami-sambistami [Analysis of kinematic characteristics of mannequin's movement during back and thigh throws by qualified sambo wrestlers]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2018. no; 6 (160). pp. 216-220.
- Sviridov B.A., Popov G.I., Tarkhanov I.V. Biomekhanicheskiy analiz struktury broskov cherez tulovishche u kvalifitsirovannykh bortsov-sambistov [Biomechanical analysis of structure of torso throws of skilled sambo wrestlers]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2019. # 5 (171). pp. 277-281.
- Svishchev I.D., Igumenov V.M., Egiazaryan A.A. Sila reaktsii opory pri vypolnenii broskov v borbe i ee modelirovanie s ispolzovaniem vesa shtangi [Support reaction force during throws in wrestling and its modeling using barbell weight]. Ekstremalnaya deyatelnost cheloveka, no.4 (41), Moscow, 2016, pp. 12-15.
- Tumanyan G.S. Sportivnaya borba: teoriya, metodika, organizatsiya trenirovki. [Wrestling: theory, methods, training process. Study guide. In 4 books. Book. 1. Propedeutics]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 1997, 288 p.
- Tupeev Yu.V. Osobennosti kinematicheskoy struktury tekhniki dvigatelnykh deystviy bortsov volnogo stilya razlichnoy kvalifikatsii [Features of kinematic structure of technique of motor actions of freestyle wrestlers of various qualifications]. Fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov. 2010. no. 1. pp. 106-108.
- Shipilov A.A., Vagin A.Yu., Laptev A.I. Na puti k razrabotke metodiki operativnogo kontrolya broskovoy tehniki v sportivnoy borbe [On the way to developing methods for operational control of throwing technique in wrestling]. Biomekhanika dvigatelnykh deystviy i biomekhanicheskiy kontrol v sporte]. Proc. 3 nat. res.-pract. conf. with intern. part., November 19-20 2015. Moscow-Malakhovka, 2015. pp. 153-157.
- Shipilov A.A. Sravnitelny analiz kinematicheskikh kharakteristik dvizheniya manekena pri vypolnenii broskov podvorotom i progibom [Comparative analysis of kinematic characteristics of movement of mannequin the execution of rolls with a twist and deflection]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2017.no. 10 (152). pp. 301-305.